Beta Test: Version 0.9.3

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beta Test: Version 0.9.3

Post  Karifean on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 pm

After a long wait, it's finally time to test the next update. There are a LOT of changes in the upcoming release, so thorough beta testing is a must. I invite you to download the beta release and test to your heart's content. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Very soon, the Usergroup "Beta Testers" will open up for anyone to join. You don't necessarily have to join, but if you do join, you get access to the Tester Board.

Since the map hasn't been officially released yet, keep the discussion about it to the Tester Board, please. Discuss issues, bugs or whatever you find. Maybe even post secrets you find or something like that. You can also use the board if you want to meet up with each other online to test it together. I'm leaving this part up to you - the board is at your disposal. And it is important that you post any and all issues you may find during your tests. We'll be working on fixing it.

0.9.3 is not entirely done yet. There are some issues that we are aware of and will be working on. Don't expect the final release of 0.9.3 to be identical to the current one. There will probably be a bunch of changes, but I think it would be good if the developers could rely on some testers to find some bugs or errors that might exist in what is currently in the map. And if you're dying to finally see an update - good for you, this will do until 0.9.3 officially comes out. By the way, I still love developing this map even though WC3 is essentially dead.

You can load codes from 0.9.2 if you want. However it might be smarter to start anew. Why? For one, the leveling up experience is now very different from what it was before. Secondly, it is the best way to notice and interact with all the changes that have been made. On the other hand, there are a lot of new superbosses in 0.9.3 and the previous ones have all been changed in one way or another. They desperately need to undergo testing as well.

And with that, I bid you good luck. Have fun testing ^_^

Download Link: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/217516/

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Re: Beta Test: Version 0.9.3

Post  Andrenden on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 am

One question; Is this to be tested internally by the community or free to be hosted on battle.net for randoms to join in the testing. I would assume community testing as we know how it already plays and enjoy it, however fresh eyes may lend a bit of insite assuming you could convince them into relaying their feedback at the end of the session.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 am

Anyone can test, really, but a community that communicates can find so much more than one that does not. This beta release also serves as kind of a filler for those who have missed FFERPG, I suppose. And since it's on epicwar.com, anyone can get it and do whatever they like with it anyways.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Alright I solo played today but it seems theres a few hang ups so you can't fight any superbosses *to my knowledgeScratch that I faced one "superboss"* so until that board goes up for testers i'll document the few here
1. Dimensions Connection quest seems to be bugged and the item Death Seeker can not be obtained I was finally able to get it but not until I had around 1700 kills and found a fading note poking fun at the 92version of the Odin quest *at least not in the few rounds I did* You can pay for hints on certain quests/events now which is GREAT but the fact is while there is not one for this quest directly there IS one for the vampire that supposedly guards the tomb its found in. However you can kill the vampire and nothing with occur past his normal loot drops and theres no treasure dig for chocobo's over there or anyway to interact with the tomb itself. Not sure if i'm doing it wrong but something to look into.
2. This might be dependent on #1, There is no ultima weapon on the map and I assume this was changed so you couldn't hit the superbosses right away and probably requires every quest to be done.
3. There is another bugged quest which I will assume is the fault of #1 and #2, the quest Arena Expansion is bugged at the point you are supposed to bring the NPC some Waygate dust, I could not get any sort of dust drop after running through any Waygates and my only rational is that it must be locked behind the superbosses *as it is intended to expand the arena to include more super baddies as I understood it*

Thats all for outright gamestopping things but i've seen one minor *assuming minor* and annoyance more then a bug.

For the minor bug after completing the quest for the tuskar in Snowy Mountains to find the Green Tree he will offer to cut down trees in the north or south, while I personally only tried to the North I don't believe it did anything, probably just ment for extra reward opportunities but did not effect my progression.

The annoyance is with the arena "Jesters" as they were called by Cid, the problem is when you select them and tell them to teleport you in they will run VERY slowly to wherever you happen to be untill they are in range Both of them do this and can actually lead to you pulling both of them out from where they start and taking them anywhere you want by land by just kiting them.

Thats all for now and once the thread opens for the testing feedback i'll move this information and document it better. Otherwise so far so good for the high level stuff and cutscenes. As for the 1 superboss I was able to face it was Hades so he works if that helps.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 pm

The BETA TESTER group is now taking applications - further updates to the map will only be available to those in that group. You will have access to the board where you can report findings and talk to other testers.

Also @Andrenden, the only reason you have these "bugs" is because obtaining Death Seeker is a little glitched in this version. It only works if you have an empty inventory slot. Ultima Weapon requires Dimension Connections to be complete, as does the Waygate Dust. Thanks for the other reports though, appreciate it.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Yup found out thats what it was when I got around to spending another few hours on the game, I've also noticed it respawns so you can never lock yourself out of the quest so thats good, and since #1 was resolved then 2 and 3 worked as intended. I'll be sure to look for more things to report in the future.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  cuchulainn12453 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 am

How can I sign up for Beta Testing?

cuchulainn12453

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 am

Download the map and play it for starters and to report on any issues you can request to be in the Beta Testers usergroup by selecting the Usergroups link on the banner of the site, from there use the dropdown to select Beta Testers usergroup and request a invitation.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'll get to it soon. A little busy at the moment.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  nhammen on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello everyone last night i saw the beta version and decided to play it but what most disappointed me is the long save code can you update the save system with the feature some maps use save-to-hd (Hard Drive) like the TBR 1.36 i think has.

But lets leave this aside it's good to hear spells are going to be scaled to player stats.
I got 2 question regarding future versions are we going have new/reworked zones and will you be implementing a more stats like str (physical dmg and critical dmg done, agi (armor atack/move speed) , int (Spell dmg and mana regen), sta (hp) , dex (critical physical and spell chance) for better balance?

For the moment thats all when i get further in the game ill ask more questions

nhammen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 pm

nhammen wrote:the TBR
"the The Black Road". (Sorry, this one's my pet peeve as a Grammar Nazi. No offence intended.)

nhammen wrote:...long save codes save to disk blah blah blah...
I queried this a while ago, I forget what became of it. But since it apparently is proven possible, then I'd much like to see it implemented.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Zergling_man wrote:
nhammen wrote:...long save codes save to disk blah blah blah...
I queried this a while ago, I forget what became of it. But since it apparently is proven possible, then I'd much like to see it implemented.
Storing save codes on the disk is done either through game caches which are not working on multiplayer, or are using a bug which blizzard may patch and then the map wont work (they should have patched it already, since it allows someone to right anything anywhere...).
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  nhammen on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:58 am

[quote="psxlover"]
Zergling_man wrote:
Storing save codes on the disk is done either through game caches which are not working on multiplayer, or are using a bug which blizzard may patch and then the map wont work (they should have patched it already, since it allows someone to right anything anywhere...).

well i'm not mapmaker i don't know how exactly thing work but this bug as you said its been around for a while and may continue to exist so i don't see why not implemnt it because like i said this code is boring to copy past its to damn long or at least new shorter save system

nhammen

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 am

[quote="nhammen"]
psxlover wrote:
Zergling_man wrote:

well i'm not mapmaker i don't know how exactly thing work but this bug as you said its been around for a while and may continue to exist so i don't see why not implemnt it because like i said this code is boring to copy past its to damn long or at least new shorter save system
Theres programs you can use to get the code already written out I think? I don't use it personally but i've heard it tossed around a few times. And i'd rather the map didn't have the power to write anywhere on my drive, Don't really need to have my system comprimised in that sort of way.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:58 pm

GameCaptureX, I've never managed to make it work for me.
Also, writing to the harddrive isn't a security risk. Writing to areas it shouldn't have permission to is. Blizzard will never do it, but giving WCIII space for mapmakers to write to within the directory would be fine.
Whatever. I'll just live with codes.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxas2012 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 am

Chemist's potion making skill have 0 cooldown period in early level. Is that intended? I can stack 99x potion together at a time and improve to Hi, Mega, X-Potion and sells it off. Rinse and repeat as soon as improve skill cools off. Very abusable.

Roxas2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Please post this sort of thing in the Tester Forum, not here. Thanks for reporting it though.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxas2012 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Where do I access the board? I can't find anywhere. I already apply for beta tester group.

Roxas2012

Back to top Go down

Post  shiyanu on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 am

yay im so happy i have been waiting for this map in ages ^_^ jumping in to test Razz

shiyanu

Back to top Go down

Post  jeancoek on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 am

hello,

this is my first post on this forum

i've played 0.9.3 in 1 weeks, and almost quest done 49/50, boco quest and beat ultima, omega & eden(solo with prophet)
still progress on shinra quest (aire tam enib moc -> combine materia ???), i'm clueless but i think there is connection to tomb near priscillia (tested with materia -- no enough power)

i found that prophet skill2 (healing) not quite right, because it's only heal so few HP, not as write on skill info.

How can i get Odin on this version ??

jeancoek

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Welcome to the forum! The version of 0.9.3 that is posted in this thread is not quite the latest. If you want the latest beta testing maps, go to the Beta Tester group and join. This will give you access to the Tester Section where you can download the latest version. In that version, the Prophet's Blessing of Light and Divine Intervention skills are fixed. For Combine Materia, well if there's not enough power, try to get some more. Wink

Finally if you want to find Odin, either find him yourself or look around these forums. Many people found him and partially shared what they did.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  jeancoek on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm

where is beta tester group ? on this site or on other site ?

jeancoek

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

On this site. You can find it here: http://fferpg.just-forum.net/g5-beta-testers

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  jeancoek on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:14 am

thanks ,., JOIN, wait for approval maybe .,

all quest done cheers
it's right about tomb near pricillia, and it's quite pain on levelling that seal ,.,

can't wait the new map ,., Very Happy

jeancoek

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 am

I agree, Seal is a terrible materia to level since I cant use it on neutral things I have to hope I can cast before I oneshot stuff lol, that and its final upgrade rank is trivial, I mean level 1 is Silence, level 2 is Silence and Blind, Level 3 is Silence, Blind, Slow, but what exactly should I have to level it to 4 for other then a reduced cooldown? lol Otherwise welcome to the Beta group in a bit you'll see the forum section for the testing and the updated map is on the first post of the testing thread of that forum

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top