Teach me how use save/load system and how they I can load with it, please! >w<

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  onihime on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 am

Hi, everyone!! I'm Onihime and nice meet you! Very Happy
I'm playing FFERPG 0.9.2.1 with my sisters! :3 And also love this and addicted to it until forgot my studies. XD
but there a problem when i save FFERG then trying load it but it can't load! TwT
And i reading this forum but I still don't understand them. LoL
So please tell me how use save/load system more. Thank you very much! :3

onihime

Back to top Go down

Re: Teach me how use save/load system and how they I can load with it, please! >w<

Post  Andrenden on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 am

when you type -save it will spit out a sequence of letters numbers and symbols, you must retype these when you go to start a new game to load your characters progress. Because of this it is recommended that you take a screenshot *with the prnt screen button on your keyboard* and then open a document like Paint and paste it there. When you start a new game you type your code out as seen in the screenshot into some sort of word document like Notepad begining with "-load " so that you can quickly copy and paste it for refrence. When the new game starts you will type "-load " and then your code OR if you did it in notepad like mentioned you will copy and paste your code so it would appear as such "-load HdoL388$mn" If the code it written correctly it will load, if it is incorrect you will get a checksum error and it will not load. in the even of checksum you can pause the game and go back to recheck your code to make sure you either did not miss a symbol OR that you did not incorrectly type/read a symbol such as a I being a lowercase L, they look very similar so you need to be certain.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  onihime on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 pm

Okay, okay, I finally understand! Thank you very much, Andrenden-sama! <3
I'm gonna tell my sisters about this and have fun play ffrpg!! :3
Once again, Thank you very much, Andrenden-sama!! -bow- cheers

onihime

Back to top Go down

Re: Teach me how use save/load system and how they I can load with it, please! >w<

Post  vertigoelectric on Mon May 06, 2013 11:34 pm

I found this thread particularly helpful to me since I'm a new player of this map. However I do have a question this thread doesn't seem to answer (at least not clearly).

How do I use the loading system for games played with others over LAN? As host, do I simply create a new game for each player to join as if starting over and then enter the code once the game has begun?

vertigoelectric

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Tue May 07, 2013 11:18 am

You just create a game and load your character. The save code is per player not per game, so the other players will also need to load their characters.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  vertigoelectric on Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

psxlover wrote:You just create a game and load your character. The save code is per player not per game, so the other players will also need to load their characters.

Hmm... so when we play, each person will need to run the "-save" command and keep track of their own codes?

Does this mean that players can join a game they didn't necessarily start with other players?

Let me give you an example of what I mean. Say I want to play the game with my wife, so she and I start playing. At some point, we save and quit. Now let's say the next day we want our friend to play with us. Could the three of us start a game and my wife and I use our codes to load our characters while my friend simply starts with a new character? If this is how it works, then I really like that. In fact I might just play solo for a while and then load my character up when I play with them, if that would work.

vertigoelectric

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Tue May 07, 2013 11:26 am

vertigoelectric wrote:
Hmm... so when we play, each person will need to run the "-save" command and keep track of their own codes?
Yes

vertigoelectric wrote:Does this mean that players can join a game they didn't necessarily start with other players?
Yes
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  vertigoelectric on Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 am

That's terrific. Thank you so much for the info on this. I appreciate it.

vertigoelectric

Back to top Go down

Post  momok123 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Em,so the code can use how many times?

momok123

Back to top Go down

Post  Archmystic on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:43 pm

momok123 wrote:Em,so the code can use how many times?
the code does not have a limit to its useages

Archmystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonnys on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Andrenden wrote:when you type -save it will spit out a sequence of letters numbers and symbols, you must retype these when you go to start a new game to load your characters progress. Because of this it is recommended that you take a screenshot *with the prnt screen button on your keyboard* and then open a document like Paint and paste it there. When you start a new game you type your code out as seen in the screenshot into some sort of word document like Notepad begining with "-load " so that you can quickly copy and paste it for refrence. When the new game starts you will type "-load " and then your code OR if you did it in notepad like mentioned you will copy and paste your code so it would appear as such "-load HdoL388$mn" If the code it written correctly it will load, if it is incorrect you will get a checksum error and it will not load. in the even of checksum you can pause the game and go back to recheck your code to make sure you either did not miss a symbol OR that you did not incorrectly type/read a symbol such as a I being a lowercase L, they look very similar so you need to be certain.

but man, the scan code is huge, as I will decorate everything?
I already took the print image of the scan code, then I have to memorize the number, write a document type notepad, and al give "-load" then the scan code?
the possibilicades of missing the scan code are many expensive :/
if you know an easier to not be so much error so I would appreciate ...
(and sorry for the english, I'm Brazilian and I speak fluent English :p)

Tonnys

Back to top Go down

Post  Archmystic on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Tonnys wrote:
Andrenden wrote:when you type -save it will spit out a sequence of letters numbers and symbols, you must retype these when you go to start a new game to load your characters progress. Because of this it is recommended that you take a screenshot *with the prnt screen button on your keyboard* and then open a document like Paint and paste it there. When you start a new game you type your code out as seen in the screenshot into some sort of word document like Notepad begining with "-load " so that you can quickly copy and paste it for refrence. When the new game starts you will type "-load " and then your code OR if you did it in notepad like mentioned you will copy and paste your code so it would appear as such "-load HdoL388$mn" If the code it written correctly it will load, if it is incorrect you will get a checksum error and it will not load. in the even of checksum you can pause the game and go back to recheck your code to make sure you either did not miss a symbol OR that you did not incorrectly type/read a symbol such as a I being a lowercase L, they look very similar so you need to be certain.

but man, the scan code is huge, as I will decorate everything?
I already took the print image of the scan code, then I have to memorize the number, write a document type notepad, and al give "-load" then the scan code?
the possibilicades of missing the scan code are many expensive :/
if you know an easier to not be so much error so I would appreciate ...
(and sorry for the english, I'm Brazilian and I speak fluent English :p)

try looking at the print image while you type down the code in notepad?

Archmystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonnys on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 am

"try looking at the print image while you type down the code in notepad?"

I already tried man, rage because I'm a "dumb" and type in the scan code always wrong, today I stayed the whole afternoon trying to type, but I could not  Crying or Very sad

Tonnys

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 am

Type it on notepad while looking at the image and then copy/paste it in Warcraft (ctrl + c, ctrl + v). Else you could use captureX, and copy paste it from there to a .txt file, and then copy/paste it from the text file to Warcraft when playing.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonnys on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

psxlover wrote:Type it on notepad while looking at the image and then copy/paste it in Warcraft (ctrl + c, ctrl + v). Else you could use captureX, and copy paste it from there to a .txt file, and then copy/paste it from the text file to Warcraft when playing.

I'll try bro
I'm trying to type 3 DAYS, opening and closing WoW, getting more pissed off day because I'm not getting  Evil or Very Mad 
I'm getting married guy, but anyway, thanks for the tips ....

Tonnys

Back to top Go down

unable to load SLNG

Post  odizze on Thu May 15, 2014 6:44 pm

hi i just started playing this map and i'm having the same problem with unable to load my SLNG game. i've been trying for 4 hours without success going through notepad and paint. i downloaded the captureX program but couldn't figure out how to use it. help anyone? i really don't want to lose my saved game as i spent 3 days levelling up. also anyone interested to play this map online?

odizze

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Thu May 15, 2014 7:26 pm

GameCaptureX is used when saving so that you can copy paste the code after you've saved from it to a txt file. Post a screenshot of your save here, perhaps we can help you. Also what does it say when you use LLNG?
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Kesa_ on Fri May 16, 2014 7:59 am

Kesa_

Back to top Go down

managed to get it to work!

Post  odizze on Fri May 16, 2014 9:30 am

tks guys for all the help. realised i was using -save instead of -LLNG to load my SLNG save. no wonder it couldn't load! i can now happily go levelling up again!

btw anyone interested in playing online leave me a pm!

odizze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top