[ 1 ]
27% 27% 
[ 7 ]
27% 27% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 26

Your Favorite Mage Job

Post  Karifean on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 am

Well it wasn't so hard to guess this topic was gonna appear, was it?

This was rather difficult for me. A bunch of mage jobs I consider to be greatly outclassed, like the Wizard, the Mediator and the Calculator. Others are just really awesome like the Oracle or the Sorcerer. But the one that tops them all, for me, is the Priest. Not only can he increase your armor and spell resistance but he has an amazingly powerful Cure ability, an ultimate that acts much like a Megalixir + Esuna on everyone and even Auto-Life. Even with just his Cure spell you can already solo many bosses that you normally wouldn't have been able to. Just incredibly useful.

Of course there is some merit to other mages. Oracle can double an entire party's damage output with a single buff, plus greatly incapacitate enemies with Blind. Chemist can do similarly as his Oil Barrel reduces an enemy's hit chance to 10% - and it is not blocked by superbosses like Blind is. That and he can create an infinite supply of throwable Elixirs and Hero Drinks (with maxed INT he always creates those). Sorcerer is a beast in damage output especially against armored foes because Holy does not care about armor. An INT-maxed Sorcerer always deals 5100 damage with Holy (plus Nirvana's Holy) and that's just one ability. Summoner's summons can also deal quite an amount of damage, though their usefulness is very limited. Time Mage would be pretty good, but unfortunately most bosses are immune to Stop and Boco can Haste an entire party almost just as well as he can.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite Mage Job

Post  Archmystic on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:31 am

To me the favourite mage class is prohpet, just because his ult is so goddamn awesome.
+ he has the best normal atk type of all the jobs. i sincerely hate impenetrable armor. (espc those godawful turtles when i'm just trying to get tropical spirit or whatever its called to drop when i ran out there as a samurai...)

and i actually had a long talk with some players about lack of -scaling- on some spells.(or bad scaling in wizards case, + int is kinda meh)
(summoners scaling is actually pretty well done, but still makes her weak against any bosses, btw her scaling seems to be hp/dmg based instead of int-based? o.o)

Archmystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 pm

iIt's got to be prophet. I want to love the others but as the previous post said some of the scaling is truely awful, Prophet has the manapool to keep his Manashield going for a long time, and its at like a 5 to 1 ratio, right there a 40k manapool is worth 200k in damage, his blessings to heal and buff are truely powerful as well and to top it off his ulti is pretty much a free elixir. This means if played right you can cycle your elixir and that Ulti while keeping the pressure on, allowing you to destroy some pretty powerful opponents.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Fookien Rice | on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:58 am

Prophet's got to be the best mage class right now.

Although, yeah, I voted for Calculator just because his spells look so damn awesome. It would be nice if the spells had more substance, but that Blizzaga is stylish as hell.

Fookien Rice |

Back to top Go down

Post  MaXe on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 am

i play only solo and Prophet is my favourite, has the holy damage that works greatly against most of the bosses, and the defense with the mana shield, the healing and the ulti are perfect to solo face the hardest ones in looooong battles. Then Sorcerer and Priest are strong too

MaXe

Back to top Go down

Post  momok123 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:42 am

I haven't use before prophet but you all say that is great and I think so,but calculator skill and shape are wonderful but not powerful,but I also like it

momok123

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:02 pm

In terms of strength, definitely Prophet. In WC3, I mainly play SWAT: Aftermath, where you literally rely on (a crippled) manashield to survive. So I know just how powerful it can be. And yeah, one of his skills is broken, it resets his health and mana to ~70%. I think I worked out that he literally couldn't die because of %-based stuff. Although maybe it would break if he was receiving... Umm... Hundreds of thousands of points of damage every second? Or maybe more.

But in terms of my favourite... I won't answer that. I can't answer that. They're all great to dick around with. Like, Mediator steal is best troll grind setup, especially when you use it on a spider. Very Happy So, some may be less useful, but I'll still bring them, because they're fun.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top