item slot full but picking same stuff to combine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

item slot full but picking same stuff to combine

Post  JackKnight1 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 pm

For example: If I had all of my 6 slots full and I had elixirs slotted as one of them, and then if I try to pick up more elixirs, it won't let me. But if I had space available, I would be able to pick up the elixir and then it would automatically combine. Just wondering if that is working as intended or is a bug. Its just a hassle dropping an item, picking up elixir, auto combine, and then picking back up my 6th item. Its the same thing for buying elixirs from the shop. Thanks.

JackKnight1

Back to top Go down

Re: item slot full but picking same stuff to combine

Post  Karifean on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:11 pm

It's a problem that is known but isn't really fixable. Just consider the fact that the items are stacked automatically a convenience rather than condemning that it doesn't let you do it without an empty inventory slot. Smile

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Mavs on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:03 pm

I always thought it was intended that way, figured that all the 'autocombine' feature did was pick it up and combine it in one go instead of having to do it manually. Is this not the case?
Mavs

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:47 am

Mavs wrote:I always thought it was intended that way, figured that all the 'autocombine' feature did was pick it up and combine it in one go instead of having to do it manually. Is this not the case?

Yes, indeed.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sworddragon on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:38 am

Is the autocombine feature a builtin-feature of Warcraft 3 or have you manually implemented it? If the second is the case is the world editor the limiting part? If not just check on pickup if there is already a stackable item of the same type in the inventory. If this is the case instead of combining it just replace the item in the inventory with the correct amount and destroy the item on the bottom. Also the logic should be aware of special cases for example if you have 80 elixirs in your inventory and want to pickup a stack of 30 elixirs (I'm assuming you can't wear more than 99 elixirs) do the following: Remove the 30 elixirs from the bottom; Remove the 80 elixirs from the inventory; Add 99 elixirs to the inventory; Add 11 elixirs to the bottom.

Sworddragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:30 am

Pretty sure Warcraft has a combining item stack feature but it's also subject to the "If you have no room to pickup a new item it will block you instead of realizing you have a current stack" I'm not sure if that's what they used here or if they built their own but... Same concept

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:41 am

It's done manually and the problem is that it does activate an event if the inventory is full.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top