I figured out how you could do set-items!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I figured out how you could do set-items!!

Post  kkeevv on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Make an npc that's for set-item creation and make seperate items with stats for a full set. Then when someone talks to the npc and they have the full set, the items change into the set. There'd have to be a bit of trigger work to make sure people don't just mix and match completed sets, but that's the only way I can think of to do sets without passive effects on the char or fusing all the items.

Opinions?

kkeevv

Back to top Go down

Re: I figured out how you could do set-items!!

Post  5LoX5 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Well i like it but i think it would be rly cool to get some set items but i think you could have one set because what would be the point of weapons and shields and all other equipment so eather to like put limit to one set or don't have any set i don't know thats just my opinion Smile
5LoX5

Back to top Go down

Post  kkeevv on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 am

The reason I didn't mention a limit on sets is that there could be, for example, a weapon and shield set, then an armor/helm/accessory set. They can be different sets, but they're going to be on the same character.

kkeevv

Back to top Go down

Post  5LoX5 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:44 pm

yea but a set is set of like weapon armor shield and so on it means to have full set like i am going for genji armor shield helmet and dont know if there is anything else but i am going for masamune and toupg ring and i am missing only shield i think and that is for me a set so i dont know how to describe it better Smile
5LoX5

Back to top Go down

Post  kkeevv on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:31 am

I know what you mean, but you clearly don't know what I mean. Yes, the Genji set is a 4 piece set which leaves no room for any other sets. However, there can be sets that have less than 4 items. There could be a set with 2 items and a set with 3 items.

kkeevv

Back to top Go down

Post  5LoX5 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:50 am

Yea i know what you meant but you didn't get what i was trying to say obviously Smile and i don't know how to explain good so you just have to w8 for one of the admins to see and reply i wish they put sets Smile
5LoX5

Back to top Go down

Post  kkeevv on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:32 am

It seems like what you're saying is that a set can only consist of the full set, and anything less makes items of a set into something that is not a set. However, many successful games have partial set bonuses, or sets that don't take up your entire inventory.

kkeevv

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:17 am

but his idea condenses the sets, for example there is a Zodiac Spear, Zodiac Helm and Zodiac Shield that could combine into a set, this would be 3 items in one slot allowing for not only the items of the set to be condense BUT to add a "set bonus" stat to the item that's created allowing 2 slots to be freed up for a different item such as elixirs or materia. Some of us would VERY much like this sort of feature but I agree, partial sets would be nice, I plan on using a Genji Mask and Genji Armor for my "Strength" heros but have no intention of giving up my Zodiac Shield unless Genji Shield+ a Set bous would outweigh my loss, odds are though I would still favor Zodiac Shield and I would miss out on a Genji Set bonus. It would not however stop me from using the items separately and I lose nothing but a set bonus by doing so. A fear with set bonuses would be that people feel FORCED to use sets which you are NOT, you see this in those other "successful games" that you mention but when it comes down to it partial sets are only successful because you don't feel forced to use the whole set and in terms of min/maxing a full set does not always win. The most obvious example is World of Warcraft where you might have a 2 piece set bonus that's GREAT but your 4 piece bonus is terrible, You have the option to get only 2 pieces and fill the other slots with better items. Sets in this game however could not work like that. I believe they were originally intended to but theres supposedly a issue with the map itself and you can't have active set bonuses. I think they planned on awarding a buff to players wearing the items in a set and if the set was broken the buff was removed or something.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  kkeevv on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 pm

The issue that's locking them up from doing sets is the mastery system, it causes the game to freak out whenever they attempt to add spellbooks. If you trade the items for set versions of the items with the bonuses built in, then you don't run into that issue. Honestly the only thing I think that could cause an issue with this is that there might not be enough items available...but I'm not a mapmaker, so I don't know.

kkeevv

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:26 am

I want to say you have no limit on items, you can have a epic size map with nothing but treasure it would prob just slow the game down to have so many spawned at one time. An example of this is farming in 1 spot for awhile and never collecting loot, you get the slowdown when you visually look at that area until you do something about it. You can also just transport everything to your house via the spirit and experience this when all the items end up condensed. I mean Warcraft itself has like 10 different items for 1 orb that is literally just "Shadow Orb +1" "Shadow Orb +2". There would be no reason you couldn't create more.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  kkeevv on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:26 am

I would love to hear an admin response to the idea.

kkeevv

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 am

Something like this would be possible impractical. Plus it could mess with the saves as it would either need new IDs to store the new items or it should revert them when saving.

It's probably easier to just change the way masteries work and fix the spellbook.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Honestly fixing the spell book would be sweet as that opens a TON of possibilities, the downside to that would be that it'll take forever to fix *I would assume, if it was easy it would be done already* without actually adding any content but again at least at that point the possibilities are endless. But on note of the topic... Since you've added items before how would a new item code thrown into the mix mess with save codes? It's just combine item A and B into C so all you have to save is item C *which is just like saving a new item you added* An example of this already in game is cursing items, it's two items combined into one so I really fail to see any technical reason it can't be done aside from maybe coding the items themselves to count as multiple slots * a weapon a shield set would have to count as a weapon AND shield while only physically maintaining one inventory slot for example, idk how that works but I could see that being the biggest issue*

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top