Question regarding friendly monsters.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question regarding friendly monsters.

Post  gon2161 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:07 am

So I was trying to do the friendly monsters miniquest line and had gotten through the first three. When I had moved onto the farm area for the golem I was working for quite a long time killing any and every golem that crossed my path but the friendly on never showed. I tried for quite sometime at the farm and then I worked my way west thinking perhaps I needed to to be in a different place. So any help as to what I was doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

gon2161

Back to top Go down

Re: Question regarding friendly monsters.

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 am

The way I understand it is that you have to kill monsters that spawn solely in that zone. There are times where I've had golems crossing through Barrens and Gardia Forest, this could be a issue for you if some other monster is crossing a zone line somewhere and you're killing it, this could most commonly happen at the top left where it goes from part of the "Farm" area to Northern Mountains. I want to say the Farm area needs 180 kills *not sure exact kill count* without killing anything from another zone in between before the friendly Golem pops up. I generally grind between the actual farm and all the way up to where the Kobalds were holding the little boy hostage.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  gon2161 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm

That's the area I had been grinding. Never went farther than where Gafgarion spawns. I had spent quite a long time there with no spawn (even when I left the area to help a friend with something I would leave Bahamut Zero there to kill golems as doing that had worked for the troll, centaur, and ogre) so perhaps I just didn't kill enough.

gon2161

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm

I might not be correct with this but... I think your friend killing something in another zone effects your friendly monster hunt, I don't think ANYTHING from another zone can die in the span of your grinding. But again i'm not certain i'm correct, I know myself that I could not hunt them with my archer while I left my bear in the Forest to pad my kill count.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  gon2161 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Hm, if that's the case then it's only with the golem then because my friend and I have been in totally different areas when I was doing the first three friendlies and they popped up. Who knows, all I can do is to keep trying the next game we play.

gon2161

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 pm

The "kill chains" (killing many monsters from one area in a row) are individual for each player. Could it be that the golem just spawned so far to the north (or anyplace else, really) you didn't find it?

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  gon2161 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Does the golem spawn in any area but the farm and that strip of land? Admittedly I was mainly scanning the tract of land that the golem's paths were set to for the tale-tell dot of the friendly monster showing up (thought I saw it once but it was just Ramza and a watcher lighting up the area) but I was watching most of the minimap, could have missed it though. If that area is in fact the area I need to be in for the kills then i'll just try again the next time.

gon2161

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:21 am

I just had my golem spawn in the walkway right infront of the door to Ultima Weapon. This could have been where yours had been, though this is the first time I've ever had him spawn so high it seems that it can happen

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top