Level 99 Weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Level 99 Weapons

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Might as well post this here, Why not balance out the weapons you can get at 99, mostly the ones you find Zodiac Spear, Seitengrat, Excalibur II and Nirvana. For example Nirvana has 75 int, 1200 Mana, 50% mana regen and the ability to cast Holy for 200 Mana. Compare this to Excalibur II that has 75 Str, 200 damage and the ability to cast holy for 500 Mana. Obviously 75 int and 75 str and equal when using the weapons for their intended class roles and one could even argue 1200 Mana is as good as 200 damage. However as you can see the cost of Holy is different, higher on a weapon intended for roles that would not have as much int where as Nirvana which is for those classes has dirt cheap cost, you can also see that 50% mana regen has no counterpart for Excalibur II. This could be countered by adding Excalibur II some attack speed as Excalibur itself is very much a "fast" weapon. Lets take a look at Seitengrat, 200 damage again, 75 agility, 2% chance to crit for 8 times damage *doesn't work but at least if it did it has 4 stats!* and improves Flurry of Arrows. While this weapon is obviously intended to favor the Archer class more then the rest it still lends more of a benefit to agility based classes thanks to the 75 agility on the weapon. So far Excalibur II is the only weapon with any faults right? Well not really... In comes Zodiac Spear, 275 Damage 25 str and 12 agility, clearly this is ment to be useful to everyone without playing favorites... right? The problem is if you take a look at the other weapons *save for Nirvana as it awards mana instead of damage power* you already deal 275 damage if using the correct weapon, If you use Seitengrat on an Agility user its 200 Damage + 75 Damage from agility=275 Throw in the fancy crit bonus and Flurry of Arrows buff, while situational *you have to be a archer* would edge out over Zodiac spear. Head over to Excalibur II which while lacking a 4th "stat" still awards 275 damage for a strength user thanks to the 75 strength along with the ability to cast Holy for 3750 Damage. Zodiac Spears potential is 300 Damage on a strength user *275+25str* or 287 on an agility user *275+12*. The potential improvement for Zodiac spear could be the addition of crit chance say 5% chance to do 3-5 times normal damage? Really any potential increase could work though crit seems to stand out as Zodiac Spear seems to be a totally brute force weapon that anyone can feel comfortable using it stands to reason it should follow through with big numbers in damage as opposed to increased attack rate.

TL;DR Recommend Buffing of Excalibur II and Zodiac Spear to make them more on par with other found "legendary" weapons. Suggest Haste for Excalibur II *along with lowering the cost of casting Holy to be in line with that of Nirvana* and Crit chance for Zodiac Spear. Also Seitengrat wants its crit fixed!

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Re: Level 99 Weapons

Post  Karifean on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Excalibur II's Holy is different from the others (Sorcerer's and Nirvana's). Its damage does not scale with the user's INT, only with their LVL, and it heals 3750 HP to all allies instead of the usual 1500. IMO, this kind of justifies the higher MP cost. Honestly though, looking at the Level Calculations, there isn't much I could add without increasing the Level Requirement beyond 99. Obviously I can't just add Haste because you can't have two abilities on one item.

Zodiac Spear is indeed overall less powerful than the other weapons. For the specific classes, you're mostly better off with the +75 Primary Attribute weapon (Excalibur II, Seitengrat and Nirvana). However, on the contrary, it's much easier to find than any of them. Maybe I should just make it a ~Level 70 weapon to separate it from the Level 99 Tier. It's hard to make many different, but still unique and viable weapons. (Lion Heart is mostly outclassed by Seitengrat, for example)

Still have no idea why the crit on Seitengrat refuses to work. I'll try and see what can be done. I'm even thinking of nerfing the Ultimate Master bonuses because as it stands, te damage boost on weapons is negligible. A +200 damage would be a lot more useful if you wouldn't have 2000 base damage.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Ah I didn't realize the Holys were different, I haven't used Excalibur II as much as Nirvana and with Damage Txt on I see roughly 3750 damage dealt each time and assumed it healed for the same, there's no heal text lol. If Excalibur II does indeed have a stronger one then one could argue the cost is fine. For the weapons as a whole you can find a nitche for most of them, you have the 3 weapons built for classes with that mainstat, you have Ultimate which is jack if all trades but master of none, Lionheart is 100% attackspeed if I recall, Masamune is very much the pure crit weapon with other stats so that it's not confused with being simply brute force like Zodiac Spear, I can't remember the last bazaar weapon but I'm sure that also has one. But the post was originally about the found weapons, specifically the melee based ones, and how they seem to lose out compared to the others in overall usefulness. They are still good just not seemingly as good hence the suggestion of some passive attack speed on Excalibur II or some crit on Zodiac for that brute force I refered to. As for easy to get, I would argue Excalibur II is the hardest, Nirvana is the most work and that Zodiac spear is harder then Seitengrat simply because you can run straight to it when the game starts while the spear requires you to actually ignore some destructible objects

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Also I realize I said haste for Excalibur II the first time, that was my fault I must've still had the original in my head. It should have been attack speed justified by how the original had the haste and all that setting its place as a "fast" sword. I know two active abilities for one item is a no go, I just had a temp mixup with what I was trying to convey lol

I just had a thought, what if Excalibur II instead of having the ability to cast Holy instead made your damage into Holy Damage? Would this be to strong I wonder? This just came to mind after playing some of the melee classes and having as many as 7 Adaman tortoise surround me and anytime I go back to Central island they are still there lol. Theres not one viable melee class imo as hitting those turtles splashes me with an insane amount of damage, roughly 1000 damage for the roughly 70 I deal to them and with no way to get through the armor I just grabbed my prophet and blew them away. Making Excalibur II have the strongpoint of converting the damage you deal into Holy Damage would make all the melee classes able to deal full damage to those impervious armor types while still having the risk of things that really only effect melee like those spines. While it might be to strong now, if/when you scale back the base damage bonus *I think life and stats are alright but I'll agree base damage has gotten ridiculous* it might be worth it. Scaled back to 500-1000 turning your attacks into holy damage would be a decent trade off with the Holy cast of the current Excalibur II and suddenly make melee hero damage matter quite a bit.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top