Ring of Darkness bonus fight...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ring of Darkness bonus fight...

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:59 am

Ow! I expected Trema to be the boss but not that <.< Is Trema around anywhere? All the notes seem to mention him being around but he's MIA and I've learned his drop is in the Bazaar so I thought he might be the extra fight

Also they aren't bad if you can separate them ;)though pocket elixirs is OP as hell... that cooldown is nonexistent! Also should note my tonberry was less then 1350 total kills and it was totally the armor reduction that helped, go me! Drace sucked tho... Seemed to be the buffer. Order of killing: Ghis, Drace, Gabranth (I think... the one that has the sunflower sword, he dropped it), Zalbagth or w/e then Bergen NEVER let Bergen catch you without a chocobo to duck in, he will wreck your face. The strat to split them is drop out with the white chocobo, quickly send more *I had the 2 I used to breed* then get back in your chocobo and use those 3 to split them up, it takes a bit of work to do but with 99 upgraded chocobo's your never in real danger unless your not paying attention. Looks like Ghis was using status effects, Stop and Blind but I put the items that negate it on and left them on all fight so cant be certain. Drace threw 4 buffs on lol Shell, Inner Fire, Protect... Incite? idk, either way they were "Stronger, Better, Faster, Stronger" and I hope you read that in the robot voice... Honestly not sure what the next 2 did... one of them had the holy wrath buff that let him hit 100% faster, he probably had more but I didn't notice one of them was a joke... think it was the 3rd one I killed with the sunflower sword, I just stood there and laughed at him. Bergen has rage and some insanely high crit, he was popping red numbers of like 28000, DO NOT PISS HIM OFF! lol, I decided to just hop out of one Chocobo every so often and use Nirvana, Holy bolt while he hit my other chocobo, as long as theres distance he runs toward the hero and when the hero goes back into a chocobo he just hits the nearest chocobo. Easy to kill when you know the magic numbers to nuke at, take them down however you see fit to the point you'll throw a Tonberry *mine was only 1350ish kills* you'll Holy Bolt and Nirvana AND divine intervention, basicly spam it if you've got it before they heal. If they heal you gotta try again. Big haul of loot to be had but nothing exclusive though it was neat to get a sunflower sword and Ultimate weapon from the drops. 3 absorbers, 2 zodiac eschalons, 1 Excalibur.... Charm gloves... hmmm what else... Genji Mask and Armor from Gil... That's about all I remember. also trophe ring and grand helm and a couple megalixirs

Last edited by Andrenden on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Re: Ring of Darkness bonus fight...

Post  Karifean on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:54 pm

Gabranth casts all the different breaks on you while Zargabaath uses strong offensive magic. And Pocket of Elixirs has no cooldown, they are told to use it on comrades on low HP. IIRC Ghis is the only one who actually heals himself with it, otherwise they always throw them at each other.

And no, Trema is not in this map. Might be in the next version, though.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Ah the Gabranth was likely the third kill, was never in danger and never had to dive in a chocobo, though I did let one of my two yellows die *oops!*  and about them not using the elixirs on themselves, well I suppose that's good, I had them split a lot of the time as when there was no chocobo in range they would run to me and the guy I was working on, but I had assumed it was like Odin with his Megalixir use age which is how I'm even able to kill him since it skips over that straight to death lol no need to nuke then if you can keep them split full time, I died once after the initial pull as I was totally unprepared for the sheer damage, you warned me but I wanted to see and sure enough all it takes is a couple hits from haste,incite,inner fire, rage Bergen to put you down
[img=http://s9.postimg.org/6hsnnfdbf/I_Win.jpg][img=http://s17.postimg.org/ajhx6yfmz/In_Combat_with_1_Judge.jpg][img=http://s12.postimg.org/ao9gdy4pl/The_Strat.jpg][img=http://s9.postimg.org/ubgi646jv/Total_Rewards.jpg]
Pictures didn't turn into thumbnails but i'll live with it, picture links are named accordingly "I Win" is fairly obvious Wink In Combat with 1 Judge is just that me fighting 1 judge at a time, this was the 4th one I killed since I could be sure to take the time to nab a picture without interference *notice the Carob Nut from one of my two dead yellow chocobos Sad * Next is an example of the strat with my two yellow chocobo's just chilling in the corner with 2 judges *and you can see Bergen and his crits when he isn't on steroids...* and finally the last picture is all the artifact gear they dropped, its not listed in the picture but refer to the top post for what exactly dropped, but you can eyeball the sheer amount of chests that were dropped. One of them being a Bazaar legendary and another being Ultimate weapon, Kinda nice imo.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top