Adamant Armor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adamant Armor

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:58 am

Oh lord this armor... It's not terribly good but its not bad either... It adds 99 strength, that's good, its adds 100 armor... that's meh *just due to how armor values is, its a 2% gain over Ice Armor with its buff up but its still like 80% reduction...* 50% magic damage reduction (!) Now we are getting somewhere! Agility cut by 75, I can live with that its a heavy armor it makes sense I'm less agile... -75% movement speed? Trash armor <.< lol Theres got to be a happy medium somewhere... take more agility but for the love of god let me move without having to just take my armor off just to get around lol. It's not to big a deal I suppose... unless I need Tonberry to stab people for the armor reduction *Curse you 200m range!*... Seriously is there ANY way we can nix the movespeed hit and instead add in a 30% greater chance to be hit or something? Something you can somewhat offset *in this case shields add % to block damage if you have a 50% shield like I do suddenly you only have a 20% chance to block* Honestly I would give up all my block if I could just wear this armor. The armor wants me to get hit, I want to get hit with it on but I just can't justify the work it takes to drag it around! lol That's why I stopped using my Cursed Zodiac shield because honestly that is a REALLY good shield, but 1000 life a second is brutal. I know the difference between the items is one is cursed, that's why I can accept the fact it has such a negative drawback but this... I feel like the greatest material in Gaya is cursed itself!

TL;DR Add something to help offset the movespeed hit on Adamant Armor or change that movespeed hit to a hit elsewhere *Such as my suggested greater % to be hit if possible* I want to use it honest but its really hard to want to when you have to do so much to even move...

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Re: Adamant Armor

Post  Karifean on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:33 am

The thing with Adamant Armor is that it's really good in team battles. A Squire can use it without being impacted by the reduced movement speed. The combo of Main Gauche, Zodiac Escutcheon, Tetradic Tiara, Adamant Armor and Charm Gloves makes for a sick tank even without the Ensanguined Shield. Again, not really good for soloing, but much more so in a group.

Giving an increased chance to be hit is not possible. If the speed reduction is such a problem, just use Main Gauche, Assassin's Dagger, Speed Bracer or Iron Duke to offset it somewhat.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:47 am

Yeah I might have to pickup the Speed Bracers, or just stick to Ice Armor and pretend my OCD doesn't demand I have that extra 2% of Damage reduction *lol* Basicly just looking to save a Melee hero gearset and have the multiple codes for whatever I'll need/want

On a unrelated note... Iron Duke has Movespeed you say? I mean i'm already looking to try and make one *to no avail I might add* as I know the stats it had in X-2 and expect it to be as promising as its the only Stat accessory in the 99 range

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  qwertyuiop on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Karifean wrote:The thing with Adamant Armor is that it's really good in team battles. A Squire can use it without being impacted by the reduced movement speed. The combo of Main Gauche, Zodiac Escutcheon, Tetradic Tiara, Adamant Armor and Charm Gloves makes for a sick tank even without the Ensanguined Shield. Again, not really good for soloing, but much more so in a group.

Giving an increased chance to be hit is not possible. If the speed reduction is such a problem, just use Main Gauche, Assassin's Dagger, Speed Bracer or Iron Duke to offset it somewhat.

Move speed it's not a problem. Player can picked up Armor from Gaya during only in battle and then drop it. But how about attack speed? It's reduced too and this is the problem. Actually in solo game Adamant armor can be effective used only by heroes with attack speed buff and some good fighter potency...Square, Knight, Samurai... Maybe Monk in avatar form. And it's true, that reduced dmg when you picked up Ice Armor with buff and Adamant armor is the same (very little profit). So, I think Adamant need for more than 99 armor value. 150 for example...

qwertyuiop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top