Control more characters in singler player mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Control more characters in singler player mode

Post  legenday on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:35 am

Hi guys,

I am a crazy fan of Final Fantasy.
In Final Fantasy we have a team which will save the world. When we fight with monster, team often has 3 or 4 characters who has different skill.

So i think, we can control 3 or 4 characters in game with difference jobs. We can play more strategy in single player mode.

I hope in future we can control more characters to save the world in single player mode.

Do you think guys?

legenday

Back to top Go down

Re: Control more characters in singler player mode

Post  Zergling_man on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Hmm... While I don't think it's a bad idea in itself, there's one important difference between FFERPG and the Final Fantasy series, and that's multiplayer. Doing something like this might break down the multiplayer aspect, by making everyone fully efficient in solo. And yes, I'm aware that most of us are focusing on solo because that's all we can get, but WCIII has 12 player slots for a reason.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Not just that, having 3-4 characters in single would mean a 2 people multiplayer would be meaningless since they would have less power than in single player.
Also more characters means more items. So you would need somewhere to place those items, plus you need to save them, so you need a bigger save code.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Well, there's two ways of dealing with the 2-player scenario; Either have each one controlling 2 characters, or have each controlling the same number as in SP. (At which point you just rescale the entire game to be a bit more RTS and a bit less RPG.)

As for the save codes... Well, is there any particular requirement to allow the 'clones' to change their items, rather than fix them to the main?
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkmega on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:52 am

I dunno if I'm on or off for this idea really... the idea of having multiple in single player is nice but I'm not exactly a mega-multitasker which it comes to selecting different characters. I can "combo" which is multitasking on a single character with spell chains etc but I don't think I'd put up with having to multitask out with different characters in single player. sure a SP/MP "squad" style system would be cool and... ... ... EURIKA I'VE GOT IT. just a minute, this idea deserves a thread. >=D
Darkmega

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:25 am

Dawn of Final Fantasy Epic?
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  legenday on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:20 am

psxlover wrote:Not just that, having 3-4 characters in single would mean a 2 people multiplayer would be meaningless since they would have less power than in single player.
Also more characters means more items. So you would need somewhere to place those items, plus you need to save them, so you need a bigger save code.

I mean we can control more character in single player same way when you play multi player but player 2 share his control. And then you can control player2's hero to cast skill to buff your main character.

I played DOTA, sometimes my friend was away (he went to toliet LOL) he shared his hero for me so i could control his hero. I always use his hero buff my hero to combat. LOL

I really want to do that in FFERPG in single player mode. Very Happy

legenday

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 am

So similar to what I was thinking; you'd just do it that each hero is based on your classes, and one of them is marked as more important - that's the one on which XP counts. The other one, it doesn't matter what it is, it doesn't save any XP. (Or have the XP earned from either of them, if they level, it counts. This introduces complications with which one saves the items.)
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top