Random crash after penance summon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random crash after penance summon

Post  Andrenden on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:11 am

I guess this still happens. So much heartbreak after doing everything else to have this happen >.< Was a cause never identified?

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Re: Random crash after penance summon

Post  Karifean on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:19 am

It happened to me too like two days after release >.< No it wasn't identified but I'll make damn sure to find it this time Razz

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:23 am

Hopefully you do! I was so psyched to do the 3 fights *or maybe more now?* in that ring. Was hoping the Black Hole item I found would get experimented with.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:46 am

Can you provide more information about the crash?
Did it happen during the fight or after he died?
What jobs and items where you using? Did someone cast a spell when it crashed?
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:58 am

Using the prophet hero I summoned penance and ran to the upper left corner *so he was below me and to the right* I cast Tonberry as I made sure I had my hockey's set so I could get a quick elixir use if needed. Tonberry hit and i went to cast Holy Fire. Shortly after the hit registered *a couple of auto attacks like 2-3* is when the crash occurred. Overall less than 15 seconds after the summoning I'd say. No one else was in my game and no one else was in the arena either, I didn't grab Shadow or leave my chocobo in the arena.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:00 am

Ask for items, aside from Tonberry it was all standard equipment. Tetradic Tiara, Robe of Lords, Nirvana, Zodiac Escutcheon, and Iron Duke.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 am

It happened yet again. This time I right clicked a mega elixir *it was Shadow's so I was going to get the "Item can't be dropped" ping.* it was a misclick wanting to use it. This time Penance was to half life, I had used Holy Fire and Nirvana's holy cast along with the other two prophet skills *the buff and AoE heal* but it happened immediately after right clicking the mega elixir so I doubt those are related. I don't remember attempting to drop any items my first attempt but it's possible as after summoning penance and using to berry my next moves would generally be to equip my accessory and hold an elixir for use. So far the penance crash is 3 of 3 for me. All 3 times prophet but I've always used prophet and like I said, the abilities were all useable with no issue.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:15 pm

I doubt that the player using certain abilities being the problem is likely, but it's quite possible that Penance himself using a certain ability is what causes the crash. Penance's active abilities are Flare Star, Wave Fist (a modified version), Local Quake and Ultima. If there's one ability among those you've never actually seen him use, it might just be the one causing the crash.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:20 pm

What's the lowest difficulty you can encounter penance on? Normal? I might go through on a lower difficulty *I was originally doing Very Hard* so that I have a bit more leeway to watch his actual abilities. On the higher difficulties is just to hard to watch the casts while micromanaging as one player lol.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Yeah, Normal is fine.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Can you send me a save (F10 -> Save Game) just before battling with penance?
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:24 am

I didn't think normal game saving worked for whatever reason. Just tried it and it worked though. There's a bug you might want to look into... When you save and load a lot of your triggers activate on the load. I was on the first day still having just done the story to get the artifact so that I could test the save/load game. Upon reload all the exotic stones were scattered around town, the shadow stone was in the barrens *the one that shouldn't spawn till after you've taken the quest for arena expansion* and all the greens are on the field already. That's all I've noticed so far but unless the greens were changed those are all misfires.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:40 am

Normal saving was fixed in 0.9.4. Sounds like items are not staying hidden after load (did you notice any boss that shouldn't be there too?).
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 am

Like Eden? Or is he no longer hidden thanks to the ability to summon him on Priscila? Otherwise I'm still early enough I haven't opened the portal to see if Omega is already spawned and the only Dark Ediolon that I know is up immediately would be Dark Golem and I haven't made it to that section yet either.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:04 am

Eden is indeed hidden and should be the easiest way to confirm if hidden units stay hidden or not.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:22 am

Yup everyone is hidden. Checked Dark Golem, Omega, Eden, even Odin. None are just standing around.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:33 am

Eye of Jenova also wasn't hidden, I still did the arena fight to avoid potential game breaking bugs. Cry of the Feather Arena team was in that cup, they fought Queklain in the first round so it didn't matter but... Do you not need to fight X amount of first cups to face them and unlock the chick I cup anymore? Or could that be a side effect of this issue?

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:14 am

Nope, that's intentional. The Cry of the Feather team is unlocked in a different way than before.

Glad to hear hidden units stay hidden. That would've caused a good amount of problems otherwise.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 pm

I've watched him a few times now. Turned off damage text so I could see his skills. He uses Flare Star and Wave fist multiple times and it seems fine. HOWEVER he's also spamming his potions and while I see a spam of Spirit Potions and Blood Ether's he never once uses his nectars. Infact I watched his inventory and as he runs out of one of the potion types you know the crash is coming because he would have to dip into Nectars. Wether this is the cause or just where the timing seems to fall *remember I've had it crash almost immediately at the start of all this, he wouldn't possibly have been out of other potion types* it's definitely something to look into. I did save so I could view this and I'll see about attaching it for you guys to check out for your review.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:21 pm

EDIT; Found the files. They were saved in a different spot because of how Windows handled the install. The W3Z files are about 10,500 KB in size.

Are these the files you need? I've only got two saves on this PC anyway and both are of this same game *at the same spot even, my intent was to make sure I had a backup of the maps and with both in the same spot it just makes it better.* I do belive it's got to do with him dipping into his nectar stash though, at least the crash I'm currently experiencing.

Last edited by Andrenden on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because making multiple posts from my phone is no way to do this.)

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top