Finding Odin! (Remade!)

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Finding Odin! (Remade!)

Post  Karifean on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Okay this may take it a bit far, but here's what Mae'chen tells you about the note if you ask him in 0.9.3, might be useful to you guys...

"Hmmm... I've never heard of notes like this one so I may not be able to help you here. All I can say is that the structure of this text reminds me a lot of the Hymn of the Fayth from the distant plane of Spira. That is all."
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 pm

kjlzuhgowrjuygdejhgejhgewlrighqerf
Didn't we already try that code? I don't remember the results of it, if it even fit the structure...
Though you guys did mention a combination previously... So assume that that was the second step, then we're halfway there (assuming there are only two steps, anyway). Then it might be Al Bhed next, or just outright Japanese. Or something else altogether.

And how has prime had the note drop two or three times already? We have to kill Eden, then I don't know if it's a specific drop or just a random one after that... Not like I ever kill Eden anyway.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Zergling_man wrote:kjlzuhgowrjuygdejhgejhgewlrighqerf
What's that? Al-bhed?

Flameseeker wrote:
Sometime after i fell upon a song making process that i though it was pertinent.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hymn_of_the_Fayth
At the moment i don't think this leads anywhere, but it still is a rather interesting process of making the lyrics.

This is all from memory but i think it went somewhere along this lines.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:30 pm

psxlover wrote:What's that? Al-bhed?
It's me having a minor rage at Karif's post.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Zergling_man wrote:It's me having a minor rage at Karif's post.

Good luck understanding it...
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyflimax on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 pm

I may try to look for Odin after i complete the 20 ultimate masters. Sounds interesting. @o@

Skyflimax

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:52 am

Zergling_man wrote:kjlzuhgowrjuygdejhgejhgewlrighqerf
Didn't we already try that code? I don't remember the results of it, if it even fit the structure...
Though you guys did mention a combination previously... So assume that that was the second step, then we're halfway there (assuming there are only two steps, anyway). Then it might be Al Bhed next, or just outright Japanese. Or something else altogether.

And how has prime had the note drop two or three times already? We have to kill Eden, then I don't know if it's a specific drop or just a random one after that... Not like I ever kill Eden anyway.

i have a group consisting of 3 loyal players with me and killing that eden is not as hard as it seems when you have company... we played all the way and completed all 44 quests and as farther as we got... I found the note somehow
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:56 am

in terms of spira... I remember i have read something of it on an item... now what item was that... hmmmm... ah yes! the xp ring from the elves! I wonder what it has to do with the note?
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:05 am

may i be allowed to state here as what i have done to get the mystery note dropped? so that people may start looking for answers around and do some experiments?

im still unlinked with what lucsil12 found! he manage to get the odin materia without even translating it and all he did was running all the map! I was wondering if after we get the note... kill eden again? and perhaps pricilla will say something? like frakir has something to say after you defeat eden giving you 5000 gold and a shard?
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyflimax on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Just post whatever you can. We are here to share all our info to find odin after all. What's the point in keeping all the info for yourself? Everyone is contributing to find odin after all. :3

Skyflimax

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm

I would, if only I had any new ideas. :S

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 am

well first of all you need to complete all 44 quests... including the boco and the stones for the brewmaster... then im not sure if does trigger something but i did it anyway... tame at least one chocobo... then... after defeating eden... go into the northen mountain and slay a good number of evil wizards... of course you need to slay some good number of it coz as what i reviewed from the past threads it only gives you 8% for them to drop it... after getting the note... thats what is pending for a countless number of time... I dont know what to do with it coz it doesnt do anything special... if you read it... it gives the riddle which was mentioned in the earlier threads... if you lay it down... its indestructible... i was thinking about that cross in the snow before you reach hasmallium... is there anything happens with that cross? looks like someone is buried there... thats all i can give... hope you can give me a little more hints what to do with the note.

prime_genx

View user profile Send private message likewise prime_genx@yahoo.com

prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:45 am

Why the double post? :S

psxlover wrote:Boco and brewmaster are not considered quests, and you don't need to have tamed a chocobo. Also you probably didn't pay much attention to the math classes... 8% is A LOT. It means that by average you only have to kill 12.5 to get the note.
As to what to do when you have it, try deciphering. Now that you know how the riddle was ciphered it should be a lot easier than before (but still not easy enough). By the way I think someone had mentioned what needed to be done after getting the note in the old forum.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:03 pm

im sorry... i clicked the reply and somehow it directed me to another page... dont know what just happened to that... ill remove the other post... apologies for any inconvenience rendered
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 pm

psxlover wrote:Why the double post? :S

psxlover wrote:Boco and brewmaster are not considered quests, and you don't need to have tamed a chocobo. Also you probably didn't pay much attention to the math classes... 8% is A LOT. It means that by average you only have to kill 12.5 to get the note.
As to what to do when you have it, try deciphering. Now that you know how the riddle was ciphered it should be a lot easier than before (but still not easy enough). By the way I think someone had mentioned what needed to be done after getting the note in the old forum.

really? are you referring to the old forum as the pollama days? or something else?
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm

anyway if you refer to pollama... all that is written there is deciphering it... nothing more... nothing less... unless perhaps there is something besides deciphering it. considering all what the players been through... none as i guessed have deciphered it so far... and none are trying to tell... so I guess it will remain as it is... the hardest thing to accomplish.

about that 8%... I just tried what someone in the pollama forum just mentioned... so I came up with the idea... didnt solved it at all... I didnt know that you need to review on Mathematical equations, Trigonometry and Algebra just to decipher something as the mystery note... Got to say that
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

but anyway... Ill keep my research and try to post something that will really help us all... I hope something will come up soon... before my brain starts to ooze out of my eye sockets
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 pm

You might want to use the edit button instead of creating replies over and over again. Razz (triple post)

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:59 pm

mafab wrote:You might want to use the edit button instead of creating replies over and over again. Razz (triple post)

yeah... i figured it out
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm

prime_genx wrote:anyway if you refer to pollama... all that is written there is deciphering it... nothing more... nothing less... unless perhaps there is something besides deciphering it. considering all what the players been through... none as i guessed have deciphered it so far... and none are trying to tell... so I guess it will remain as it is... the hardest thing to accomplish.
Well, we just got that info that the Hymn is the right place to go. (There's a link to it somewhere in this thread, I think. I'll repost it...)
Found, from page 3: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hymn_of_the_Fayth

prime_genx wrote:about that 8%... I just tried what someone in the pollama forum just mentioned... so I came up with the idea... didnt solved it at all... I didnt know that you need to review on Mathematical equations, Trigonometry and Algebra just to decipher something as the mystery note... Got to say that
Huh? What's this about the maths stuff? Did you stumble on something right or is it just a guess?
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  mafab on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Huh? What's this about the maths stuff? Did you stumble on something right or is it just a guess?
I think he is just referring to his guess about the drop rate of the note, and psxlover's comment on it.

mafab

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyflimax on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:54 pm

I thought that in order to drop the note, you have to defeat Eden first? I already max all the characters and the first time see Eden (Unexpected as a Form of Venomancer) which is quite strong due to stop spell. Is it possible to solo it? As given the time is 5 mins only. During the start of the game, I go straight for ultima weapon then complete the priscillia's two quests and finally Eden appear. I give up on that as I'm unable to defeat it all by myself. Btw, may I ask that how you able to tame a Chocobo? Is it really a requirement for the mystery note? Or maybe is there anyone know about the content of the note? As I semm not too understand about that even through read all the post.

Skyflimax

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:05 am

Skyflimax wrote:I thought that in order to drop the note, you have to defeat Eden first? I already max all the characters and the first time see Eden (Unexpected as a Form of Venomancer) which is quite strong due to stop spell. Is it possible to solo it? As given the time is 5 mins only. During the start of the game, I go straight for ultima weapon then complete the priscillia's two quests and finally Eden appear. I give up on that as I'm unable to defeat it all by myself. Btw, may I ask that how you able to tame a Chocobo? Is it really a requirement for the mystery note? Or maybe is there anyone know about the content of the note? As I semm not too understand about that even through read all the post.

that is the point... kill eden... then locate the note (of course you need to complete all the quests), as far as we all end up... eden cant be dealt solo... unless you have the patience to wait for his hp to drop with the current bug infested on it... about the chocobo... the devs have mentioned that you dont need to tame one as a trigger... and for those who understand the note itself? I dont know... you havent seen Oedipus this days did you?
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 am

Dam i leave for a while (too much work nowadays) and the thread get a few pages bigger...
Well i tried that song back in the pollama days but I couldn't get anywhere back then.

I think this is what's written in the note (never seen it myself):
Wuyanenwe Endutere Tebrimide Artesumamon
Isushigiwe Shanesukarure Doteorupuro
Omunusetin Werunayuru Temedumu Randusu

So now we need to process it in the right order, which mean first stacking the words and then trying to get the syllable reading in the vertical.
But there's one problem right from the start -> the number of words per phrase
We got 4-3-4 words which means if we stack each word as they appear the last column would have one word less. Also by just looking at the first words i can't make anything with "W" "Is" and "Om"...
So i tried to stack them like this:

W u y a n e n w e
E n d u t e r e
T e b r i m i d e
A r t e s u m a m o n
I s u s h i g i w e
S h a n e s u k a r u r e
D o t e o r u p u r o
O m u n u s e t i n
W e r u n a y u r u
T e m e d u m u
R a n d u s u

And now begins the confusion:
Are the words in the correct order? If they are should we read from top to bottom or break at each sentence?
There's also some problem regarding the length of the words and if you check the song they have some weird way to crop and make the last few verses to match everything.
There's also the problem that i suck reading english syllable wich mean i can't properly divide them. (that's why i divided by word and not syllable like it's supposed to)

Any thoughts regarding this? It's 4am here so if i wasn't clear enough i can try re-writing tomorrow after work.

Also Skyflimax you can solo Eden but it beside being by a bug exploit it would take almost 5h (i think that's +/- the time in very easy mode). Also screwing up would end on starting the whole process again. I wouldn't recommend using it unless you have plenty of free time.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:54 am

By syllable (my guess, anyway):
Wu yan en we / End u te re / Te bri mid e / Art e sum a mon
Is u shi gi we / Shan e suk a ru re / Do te or u pu ro
O mun u set in / Wer un a yu ru / Tem ed u mu / Rand u su

More likely is Japanese characters. Though it was proven before it couldn't be, it's not actually too far off.
Wu ya ne n we / E n du te re / Te b ri mi de / A r te su ma mo n
I su shi gi we / Sha ne su ka ru re / Do te o ru pu ro
O mu nu se ti n / We ru na yu ru / Te me du mu / Ra n du su

Wuやねんwe えんづてれ てbりみで あrてすまもん
いすしぎwe しゃねすかるれ どておるぷろ
おむぬせちん weるなゆる てめづむ らんづす
Problems: For a start, everything left in Roman characters. Also du comes out as づ, which is zu, the softened tsu. (Three times.) Happens again with ti being pronounced chi. Now... We is actually defined. But wu isn't. We is generally unused, however. So it'd have to be a really archaic message.. Assuming things like bri, and either ar or rte are possible, I'd start from there with the Hymn.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top