Just wanted to say...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just wanted to say...

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:55 am

I am LOVING the chocobo changes. 5 digs to transform? Chocobo Red or better seem to be able to replace their ability? Now I can make White Chocobo with some of the lower ranked but situationally useful abilities. Choco Armor is now an Aura that I just LOVE.

While I'm at it. Yellow Chocobo won't rank up Choco Armor, not sure if this is intended. When the Chocobo becomes Blue he raises by 5 armor per level. A Red Chocobo starts at 50 armor aura *where blue left off* so that's amazing. I'll probably update this with more praises as I retest all the chocobo and add the info gathered to the Wiki. Very good quality of life change though!

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Re: Just wanted to say...

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:09 am

Um... I dug up 73 Remedies in 1 dig... Is such a large quantity intended? Lol Chocobo skills seem to have a Master Rank now. Abilities go from level 1-9 , skips 10 and goes straight to 11 because the dig that would have given Red Chocobo the level 10 ability turns it White. I imagine if it couldn't upgrade to White it would remain level 10 but this takes more testing.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:13 am

Andrenden wrote:Um... I dug up 73 Remedies in 1 dig... Is such a large quantity intended?

It's rare, but it can happen. Digging up any of the 'fixed' spots has it replaced with a regular treasure in highly increased quantity.

Lol Chocobo skills seem to have a Master Rank now. Abilities go from level 1-9 , skips 10 and goes straight to 11 because the dig that would have given Red Chocobo the level 10 ability turns it White. I imagine if it couldn't upgrade to White it would remain level 10 but this takes more testing.

It would. Though it's supposed to go Yellow 1, Blue 1..5, Red 6..10 (1..10 for copied abilities), White MASTER. Does Red start at 5 instead?

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:42 am

I might have noted it down wrong. My I initial Chocobo with the Armor skill was noted like that but I breed a ChoCommander that starts Red and the skill level was 6. Since the skill on the Chocobo doesn't note the level or anything I've just been going off the aura it applies to my hero.

Also, while not the place, for some reason enemies in the Arena are now functioning like the Bahamuts did in the previous version. Where they just stand there but you can still damage them. I'm not sure when this started but it was sometime after Almighty Shinra and acquiring the Judges Helm afterwords. All the quests had been completed before I started Breeding Chocobo and I've triggered Gilgamesh 2 in the Ring of Darkness.

I think the units in the arena are "paused" much like the Bahamut's were and it may be because of the change to Gilgamesh 2's summoning cutscene being changed to just in game text. He still attacks *I needed him to kill Chocobo for me* and everything in the wild attacks. Also Gilgamesh 2 is still alive. I'll kill him and see if anything changes.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:48 am

...craaaaap that bug occurs there as well. Goddamnit.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:59 am

On review of my Chocobo notes. The Chocobo raised didn't start at 6 when red like it should have. I have the levels for armor noted and listed the armor value of the Red Chocobo I raised in an earlier post, 50 armor matches up to Rank 5. I would've really had to mess that up for the armor value to be wrong. I'll give that a fresh Breed and get back to you for sure though. Once again Breed ChoCommander *starts red* was rank 6 though.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:08 am

Update on the bug. Killing Gilgamesh didn't fix it and the Ring of Darkness could not be used after his defeat. I fact, even when defeated he reset to full life and was attacking me while his parting words played.

I had a save after breeding Chocobo but before summoning anything in Ring of Darkness. The arena functions normally. After summoning Gilgamesh it happens again. This is on instant text mode, not sure if it changes otherwise. But it's definitely him causing it. I'll try the other 3 Ring of Darkness fights for completion sake. However as I said, you can't trigger another fight after Gilgamesh 2 even after defeating him.

Tested the other fights. Penance doesn't crash *hurray!* and Neither him nor Diablos or the Judge's caused the same issue. Granted I didn't kill the Judges but it didn't trigger at the start like with Gilgamesh. The bug only happens for Gilgamesh and even when the text speed is set to normal. I think this is because his summoning doesnt turn into a cutscene anymore for whatever reason. The other 3 fights bring up the boarders and go into cutscene mode so could be why they don't cause it. Anyway hope this all helps.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:25 am

You probably can't activate any cinematics either. I've encountered that bug before, but I'd thought I'd eradicated it from the map. Looks like there's one cinematic that still causes it after all.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:29 am

Maybe not. I can use the mystery note and try to trigger Odin if you want. That and Ring of Darkness fights are the only cutscenes I have left and if this is locking up Ring of Darkness as a whole then I'd understand why you couldn't trigger the other fights and their cutscenes.

Went ahead and tried it. You are correct, you can't start any cutscenes after this issue arises.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top