0.9.4.1 Gil2 acidently the whole game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

0.9.4.1 Gil2 acidently the whole game

Post  DGD-Kamina on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:10 am

Summoning gilgamesh 2 potatofies the entire game. No new random enemy units will spawn. Enemies don't fight back when you attack them (even in the arena). Cinematics don't trigger.

Encountering Almighty Shinra also breaks the map, but in a different way. Seems to be some sort of memory leak or something, the game slowly begins to lag. Before 5 minutes you may not notice, but after 10 minutes you definitely feel it. After 20 minutes it gets hard to look at and by the 30min mark it's unplayable.

DGD-Kamina

Back to top Go down

Re: 0.9.4.1 Gil2 acidently the whole game

Post  Karifean on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Yeah... I became aware of this bug pretty shortly after we'd released. The problem is that the game, from that point on, continously thinks a cinematic is currently playing, so it can't start any new ones, and all enemies are eternally paused. Not much of a way around it besides doing Gil 2 as late as possible at the moment.

The Almighty Shinra lag is news to me though. Does it happen simply after you get his quest, or do you have to encounter (and keep fighting) him in the tournament to have the lag happen like that?

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  DGD-Kamina on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:52 pm

The lag starts as soon as you start fighting him in the arena, and keeps getting worse afterwards even after you've left the arena - doesn't matter if you win or lose.

Shinra isn't that big of an issue since he's usually the last enemy anyone fights but unfortunately, gil2 is the first boss a player tries at the ring. Are you going to release a bugfix version sometime in the near future? If not, we'll put up warnings in the wiki.

DGD-Kamina

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:13 pm

DGD-Kamina wrote:Are you going to release a bugfix version sometime in the near future? If not, we'll put up warnings in the wiki.

Probably not. Putting up warnings sounds like a good idea though.

I'll look into the lag issue though. That's somewhat troubling.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  DGD-Kamina on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:06 am

Played a 2nd game to shinra and there was no lag. 3rd game started lagging as soon as he used his starfall type skill, 4th game lagged after triggering some time after triggering the shinra cinematic even though I never went to the arena (was trying stuff on judges). I'm stumped, and eventually noticed that the lags only happened if I had tabbed out to check emails then tabbed back into the game but only ever got worse regardless of tabbing or not afterwards. Note, the game never lagged for me at all before triggering shinra.

Also, I'm guessing it's impossible to get a premium ticket, right?

DGD-Kamina

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:46 am

You can get the premium ticket in 9.3 but as the Gil2 quest never ends I don't belive you can get it in 9.4. Fairly certain you have to encounter Gil 2 in the arena for his arena team to unlock. It might unlock just from his level 50 version though I haven't tried.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:12 am

Pretty sure you meant 0.9.4 and 0.9.4.1, but thankfully this bug does not break the acquisition of the Arena Premium Ticket. If you just win the Dimension Cup once, you also unlock the stronger version of Gilgamesh for the Demon Cup. Damn now I'm glad I decided to make that a thing.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 am

Ah right, that's my fault I was simply just thinking "Previous version" and said 9.3. But yes, 9.4 it works for a fact *its the first version you could obtain it in thanks to a bug with Penance* as I have obtained it. Though it sounds like you can still get it in 9.4.1 with this bug as he unlocks for the demon cup after the first encounter. Before I belive you had to two the Gil 2 fight but it sounds like that's changed!

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top