0.9.4.1 - Tip for Defeat Judge Magisters

Post  neggo on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:50 pm

no more post for this forum

Last edited by neggo on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

neggo

Back to top Go down

Re: 0.9.4.1 - Tip for Defeat Judge Magisters

Post  Andrenden on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:12 am

Well the secret is out but yes, this is how you defeat the bosses. The way this works is the armor reduction on the judges reduces their damage intake to -71% or in simpler terms, your damage will be 71% stronger. This causes Odin to hit around 115k. I recommend using the thief with caster gear as he has a passive spell shield. You can still do this trick in full caster gear. Make sure you cast Odin AFTER Tonberry strikes and the debuff applies. This trick actually works on anything, especially in the Arena as nothing there has stealth detection. I imagine there will be a change to the way the summons interact at some point as the fact I was still able to do 115k to the judges came as a bit of surprise when I mentioned it. You can even do this one Very Hard if you time it right. You need a second diablos cast in that case though and you start the cycle halfway through it, before they actually get the heal off.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  DGD-Kamina on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:41 am

Hmm. Diablos+Ton+Odin is the obvious way to go, not sure why that's a secret to you. I don't like it though. This is bad game design, a boss in a multiplayer map that can only be cheesed in a solo run? HP handicap with more players makes this strategy useless. Have you tried this on VH? Most likely also impossible because of the HP values there.

IMO this fight should be about splitting off one judge from the group and picking them off, but this is also impossible. I tried for 5 hours with 2 other (lvl2079) players and they ALWAYS ended up grouping again as soon as anyone casts a spell or tries to move. One try we sustained for TWO HOURS in a single fight without retreating but to no avail.

Maybe I'm missing something that will let you engage this fight legitimitely but I sure as hell don't see it.

Suggestion: Either remove the debuff from tonberry (seriously, this thing trivializes too many fights that would otherwise be fun and challenging) or change Odin to magic damage (80k seems fair since it will be halved by most superbosses)

DGD-Kamina

Back to top Go down

Re : DGD-Kamina

Post  neggo on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Last edited by neggo on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

neggo

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm

DGD-Kamina wrote:Hmm. Diablos+Ton+Odin is the obvious way to go, not sure why that's a secret to you. I don't like it though. This is bad game design, a boss in a multiplayer map that can only be cheesed in a solo run? HP handicap with more players makes this strategy useless. Have you tried this on VH? Most likely also impossible because of the HP values there.

IMO this fight should be about splitting off one judge from the group and picking them off, but this is also impossible. I tried for 5 hours with 2 other (lvl2079) players and they ALWAYS ended up grouping again as soon as anyone casts a spell or tries to move. One try we sustained for TWO HOURS in a single fight without retreating but to no avail.

Maybe I'm missing something that will let you engage this fight legitimitely but I sure as hell don't see it.

Suggestion: Either remove the debuff from tonberry (seriously, this thing trivializes too many fights that would otherwise be fun and challenging) or change Odin to magic damage (80k seems fair since it will be halved by most superbosses)

Thanks for the feedback.

TBH none of the superbosses were originally made with Odin in mind since Odin is just *that* obscure that I wasn't even sure if anyone would ever find him. But with him being found in 0.9.3 and all I decided to nerf him, essentially halving his damage and making it reduced by armor. It was a pretty silly oversight on my part that Tonberry and Odin stack incredibly well together since then; it was never meant to be that easy.

For next version I'll probably either make it so that one player has to wait ~20 seconds between being able to use summon materias, or nerf Tonberry and Odin further. Probably both. Hell if Odin is just changed to do magic damage he suddenly only does like 30k to all the Judges.

Ah and it's totally intentional that they all stick together like that. I wanted the fight to be between two groups so to speak. Getting it down to just three Judges is perfectly possible, although the last three standing could prove to be a problem. I'll at least make it easier to break through their healing strategy next version.

Edit: By the way, still congratulations to neggo (and Andrenden of course) for finding a way to beat them solo. I hope to see you beating them again next version when this way won't be working anymore Wink

Last edited by Karifean on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Re : Karifean

Post  neggo on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Last edited by neggo on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

neggo

Back to top Go down

Post  yokzlho on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks a lot neggo

because of your detailed explanation, i could beat the judge at last

yokzlho

Back to top Go down

Re : yokzlho

Post  neggo on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Last edited by neggo on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

neggo

Back to top Go down

Post  DGD-Kamina on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:22 am

neggo wrote:@Karifean

Before You reply for thanks, consider about purpose of poster.
You are administrator of this forum, right?
If you said thanks to him without any mention about his manner, he will think he was good and keep going do that bad manner.
Don't you see that word and sentence?
I think You have to care about all of that.
It's fourm. nobody prefectly correct or terribly wrong. It's just one of conversation way.
Manner is important thing that I thought in this forum.
I wish You can make more valuable website for this forum.
Thx.

Edit by Karifean: Let's discuss this in private messages.

Wow you sure took a lot of offense to my text that was in reply to ANDRENDAN AND NOT YOU. Have a snickers mate. Either way it was simply feedback and no offense even implied to anyone, just conveying my discontent with a fight that could have been very fun but turned into something impossible to win without an abusive strategy - this isn't tumblr stop being so butthurt.

P.S. I beat Judges in a solo game and got the helm a month ago and I'm pretty sure Andrendan did it even earlier than that. We just didn't feel the need to boast a cheese strat until others had a chance to fight them.

DGD-Kamina

Back to top Go down

Re : DGD-Kamina

Post  neggo on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:59 pm

neggo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:40 am

Pretty late in replies since I've been busy with work and whatnot. But here goes.

@DGD-Kamina The only reason it was really a secret is because people don't realize that Odin damage actually gets applifiied past his maximum because Tonberry actually gives a Nevative armor value. It's pretty funny. I've also done this on VH *I've done everything solo on VH* so I know it works, you just need to cast that second Diablos and get lucky enough to catch Tonberry before he heals but their life is still below 115k, you then have to be lucky enough to catch them with Odin after the Tonberry debuff is applied but before they can heal again. Timing is hard but it's entirely possible. Also if you wanted to hear a cheese, I beat them with an army of White Chocobo originally and I'm most of the reason they aren't as combat ready as they were originally lol. Also, before their summon was changed to this new event and they dropped nothing but Megalixirs, Legendary weapons like Lionheart and whatnot, it was possible to split their AI by using Chocobo outside the area to draw them, obviously they couldn't be hit but this way you could split them and fight them one by one without any summons. Their AI doesn't use their elixirs on themselves, or at least didn't in that version.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top