About skills

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About skills

Post  shadowvzs on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm

here to other ideea http://fferpg.just-forum.net/t44-few-ideea-to-next-version

i like the map but only frustring thing is only few thing have stat depend and ultimate heroes dont got any skill what depend from str or int or lv mana.

-i think ultimate class could get at least 1 skill what depend from growing (hp/mp/str/int/agi).

-also u can do max mana/hp abilities (or item abilities), also things what depend from current mana or hp percentage etc Razz
maybe could do few item restricted to few class, example to archer a critical chance item what give more % for critical if u got less % current hp etc

-u can play also with distance Razz example do a pasive dummy skill or just with lv9 golem ranged stunner skill (idk its name atm) and u give extra dmg if target is closer or far or do remove faster the stun with trigger.

-playing with current hp/mp
(example pick every unit around caster and check their hp/mp and if its divideable with 5 then instant death/decrease mana to 0-ofc could be condition like picked unit lv cant be higher than ur lv + cant have more hp than 10k)

-for melee physical characters/or with sword item a effect/or skill to ultimate class:
+heal back 1% max hp with each hit with sword/or to agi based characters and 2% with axe weapons (3%max hp to casters)

-stone form combined + reflect dmg (i mean u use a skill then with trigger stop ur character to 10second but during this time u reflect back 5x more physical dmg/or during this time u are immune to magical dmg and ur armor increased with 500)

-sacrifice, convert 50% hp/mp to dmg in 600 area or just vs 1 target

- consecutive hits (example: every 3rd hit do +dmg/a magical skill or something)

maybe u got some ideea for next map Smile

Last edited by shadowvzs on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Re: About skills

Post  Zergling_man on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Whoo, a whole lot of good ideas. Though, I suspect some of them are very heavily inspired from certain other things. Anyway, my thoughts.

shadowvzs wrote:
-i think ultimate class could get at least 1 skill what depend from growing (hp/mp/str/int/agi).
I think we should have a whole lot of this, and indeed, 0.9.2 has some of it already, and 0.9.3 will contain even more. A lot of abilities will be scaling off stats then I'm pretty sure.

shadowvzs wrote:
-also u can do max mana/hp abilities (or item abilities), also things what depend from current mana or hp percentage etc Razz
maybe could do few item restricted to few class, example to archer a critical chance item what give more % for critical if u got less % current hp etc
The archer idea: Love it. If this is possible (which might not be), it could make some really interesting strategies. (Though I'd think the Archer wouldn't have it, perhaps the Samurai.)

shadowvzs wrote:
-u can play also with distance Razz example do a pasive dummy skill or just with lv9 golem ranged stunner skill (idk its name atm) and u give extra dmg if target is closer or far or do remove faster the stun with trigger.
Do you play League of Legends by chance? This = Taric, the above = Tryndamere. Anyway, definitely love it. Especially taking it a step further with reducing damage and increasing duration with range, or eg. fireballs losing damage the further they fly (or the more they hit).

shadowvzs wrote:
-playing with current hp/mp
(example pick every unit around caster and check their hp/mp and if its divideable with 5 then instant death/decrease mana to 0-ofc could be condition like picked unit lv cant be higher than ur lv + cant have more hp than 10k)
This. Is. Awesome. A random thing like divisible by 5 is awesome. And, technically, completely controllable. Just difficult.
I'd think maybe 0.5% health/mana so you can recover from it if you get unlucky, it's just difficult. But then, I don't like most insta-kill abilities, as I feel it's too harsh a penalty - if the opponent can use it, you're screwed, if you make it so the opponent can't use it (or it's very easily countered) then it's not worth having.

shadowvzs wrote:
-for melee physical characters/or with sword item a effect/or skill to ultimate class:
+heal back 1% max hp with each hit with sword/or to agi based characters and 2% with axe weapons (3%max hp to casters)
Life-steal basically. I think there already is a life-steal effect somewhere, but better exploring the possibilities (such as specific weapons) would be good. (And adding a manaleech, which would have to be triggered.)
Aside: More top-tier weapons would help this.

shadowvzs wrote:
-stone form combined + reflect dmg (i mean u use a skill then with trigger stop ur character to 10second but during this time u reflect back 5x more physical dmg/or during this time u are immune to magical dmg and ur armor increased with 500)
For the reflect thing, as long as you can still be hurt (perhaps take extra damage), I don't see a problem with it. But if you get some sort of immunity, it'd be insane for killing Omega, Eden, etc.
As for the stone-form tank-mode, I like this. It'd be interesting trying to take aggro and keep it when you can't attack.

shadowvzs wrote:
-sacrifice, convert 50% hp/mp to dmg in 600 area or just vs 1 target
Now to stack mana regen and get a heal, and this would be awesome. I certainly agree with having it in there. Perhaps just generally include abilities that have health costs.

shadowvzs wrote:
- consecutive hits (example: every 3rd hit do +dmg/a magical skill or something)
Again with the LoL bit: Xin Xhao. Anyway, definitely a good idea. Random on-hit chances are the alternative, and it has been done. Take this on a more unique line I'm thinking, it's a bit too generic as just "on the third hit, deal double damage". Perhaps, "on the fifth hit, activate a buff that lasts 3 seconds that causes all subsequent hits to inflict poison". Just ideas.

shadowvzs wrote:
maybe u got some ideea for next map Smile
Haha, I highly expect so. I've certainly enjoyed reading this, it's got me thinking about all sorts of things.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowvzs on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Do you play League of Legends by chance? This = Taric, the above = Tryndamere. Anyway, definitely love it. Especially taking it a step further with reducing damage and increasing duration with range, or eg. fireballs losing damage the further they fly (or the more they hit).

i played but i dont like it coz its strongly team depend and for me hard to get a team from friends, random team is sucks
anyway this ideeas not from there, coz i made rpg map too long time ago (then once i was made and i deleted it with all games from pc Very Happy)
(best thing what i liked and i made is the chocobo race with custom chocobo models[ok acctually just very similiar birds not chocobos] vs 2 cpu chocobo in 3rd view with arrow keys)

The archer idea: Love it. If this is possible (which might not be), it could make some really interesting strategies. (Though I'd think the Archer wouldn't have it, perhaps the Samurai.)

i think something like this(lets say critical strike got max lv20 and ofc need some fix in trigger just tell about ideea)

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
((Owner of (Attacking unit)) controller) Equal to User
((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Sylvanas Windrunner
Actions
Unit - Set level of Critical Strike for (Attacking unit) to ((Integer((Distance between (Position of (Attacking unit)) and (Position of (Attacked unit))))) / 5)

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
((Owner of (Casting unit)) controller) Equal to User
((Casting unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
(Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Sylvanas Windrunner
(Ability being cast) Equal to Taunt
Actions
Unit - Set level of Critical Strike for (Casting unit) to ((Integer((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))))) / 5)
Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Undead Crypt Fiend - Web (Target unit of ability being cast)

This. Is. Awesome. A random thing like divisible by 5 is awesome. And, technically, completely controllable. Just difficult.
I'd think maybe 0.5% health/mana so you can recover from it if you get unlucky, it's just difficult. But then, I don't like most insta-kill abilities, as I feel it's too harsh a penalty - if the opponent can use it, you're screwed, if you make it so the opponent can't use it (or it's very easily countered) then it's not worth having.

this was in final fantasy 8 the death skill Razz

Life-steal basically. I think there already is a life-steal effect somewhere, but better exploring the possibilities (such as specific weapons) would be good. (And adding a manaleech, which would have to be triggered.)
Aside: More top-tier weapons would help this.

life steal not as good coz i see the ultimate characters are holy, life leech kinda dark side skill (ex: undead sylvanas) so +low hp/hit is different, dont need casting and wait for channeling, also its scaled with lv since ur hp also higher /lv => x% hp also more with lving

For the reflect thing, as long as you can still be hurt (perhaps take extra damage), I don't see a problem with it. But if you get some sort of immunity, it'd be insane for killing Omega, Eden, etc.
As for the stone-form tank-mode, I like this. It'd be interesting trying to take aggro and keep it when you can't attack.
in more game its already made just not similiar like here, example:
perfect world werefox - 200%reflect for 20second (only in pve) and this time 75% dmg reduction (wherefox there could be caster or ranged fighter)
in same game but at werebeast got ultimate agro skill with a shorter reflect also he can combine with turtle skill (90% dmg reduction but half movement speed for 20sec)

Now to stack mana regen and get a heal, and this would be awesome. I certainly agree with having it in there. Perhaps just generally include abilities that have health costs.
in perfect world this was made to wizard/mage who got the lowest hp also to werebeast who got there the highest hp but was fun but have few other games too, its not hard to make with trigger Smile

Again with the LoL bit: Xin Xhao. Anyway, definitely a good idea. Random on-hit chances are the alternative, and it has been done. Take this on a more unique line I'm thinking, it's a bit too generic as just "on the third hit, deal double damage". Perhaps, "on the fifth hit, activate a buff that lasts 3 seconds that causes all subsequent hits to inflict poison". Just ideas.

yea kinda similiar to yi, vayne skill too but anyway wc3 got different system than LoL (here alot boost the stat and primary stat, dont have alot thing what have there or versa)

manipulate the hp/mp/stats[str/int/agi]/%hp/%mp/distance damn easy via trigger so i hope also dont make too laggy the game the many trigger Smile

also possible make a variable for attacking same target with ur hero and lets say 15% chance for frost nove to target (diablo 2 got damn much hat/glove with x% chance for a skill on target when u struck or when u hit)

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Post  qwertyuiop on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:37 pm

shadowvzs wrote:here to other ideea http://fferpg.just-forum.net/t44-few-ideea-to-next-version

I cant understand why do not all skills depending of the lvl/stats or % depending of playerhp/mp. Because all firebolls/lights/ices/quakes etc... all skills with fixed dmg actually uselessly against really strog bosses (dark Eidolons for example) when you have 1-3 skills about few 1000 dmg, one good skill with notbad dmg but strong coldawn and fight against boss wich hase 100000+ and amazing regen. Maybe as a solution for single player there is a formula which modify hp/dmg of bosses or player dmg when he alone.

qwertyuiop

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:12 am

Karifean was working on changing all skills to be scalable. He had changed almost all skills (if not all).
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top