simple question about heroes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

simple question about heroes?

Post  shadowvzs on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 pm

how could be sharpshooter in same place than casters? since its allways agi based in most of game also it is more like a archer not like a wizard?

shadowvzs

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Zergling_man on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Well the Mediator is only vaguely related to physical damage in this anyway. If you look at his abilities (and possibly stat progression - I don't watch that so closely though,) he comes out as much more of a support caster.

(And really, having good bodily control doesn't actually help you deal damage with a gun... It also has minimal effect on accuracy and fire-rate. But I'm ignoring that because as you said, a unit like this is normally agi, so it may as well stay that way.)

Alternately, let me ask you this question: If he was to be moved to the warrior jobs, what would you trade, or how else would you change it? As it stands, it wouldn't work to have 11 jobs in the one shrine.
avatar
Zergling_man

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 25
Location : Wandering somewhere through cyberspace, probably

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  shadowvzs on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Zergling_man wrote:Well the Mediator is only vaguely related to physical damage in this anyway. If you look at his abilities (and possibly stat progression - I don't watch that so closely though,) he comes out as much more of a support caster.

(And really, having good bodily control doesn't actually help you deal damage with a gun... It also has minimal effect on accuracy and fire-rate. But I'm ignoring that because as you said, a unit like this is normally agi, so it may as well stay that way.)

Alternately, let me ask you this question: If he was to be moved to the warrior jobs, what would you trade, or how else would you change it? As it stands, it wouldn't work to have 11 jobs in the one shrine.

why dont work? it was 10 unti at shrine and 1 empty slot in older version, no? (was space before ultimate class)

also a new caster could be nice with low hp, less exp loss aura and hip-hop blinking/slowing technic (ofc with lower but scaled magic dmg skill coz its could be aimed for kiteing in fight)

shadowvzs

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Flameseeker on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Blink has been nerfed to avoid certain abuses/exploits.
That's why time mage can only teleport to units, and also why you won't see a better way of kitting than permanent invisibility of ninja or the windwalk (can't remember the exact skill name) of the thief.
Also slowing has no advantage in the game. You'll get to the point where you'll most likely one hit kill almost everything with the exception of bosses. And bosses have a natural protection against debufs so not useful there either.
Mediator is kinda week doing any of the jobs in the game, not enough damage and the support skills aren't that great either. Still his sill set is more mage than soldier so let him be the weird one of the bunch.

On a side note:
Mediator's praise+damage reduction shout can make wonder to get him from 15 to 99 in almost 1kill.
With a fair equipment and a few masters you can solo echele by just auto-attacking and never pick him up again, at least that was the only usefulness that i found on it's skill set.

Flameseeker

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  psxlover on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Orator
Like it says it's a magic based job, the fact that they use weapons doesn't make them a warrior class.
avatar
psxlover

Posts : 217
Join date : 2011-09-09
Age : 29
Location : Greece

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 am

shadowvzs wrote:why dont work? it was 10 unti at shrine and 1 empty slot in older version, no? (was space before ultimate class)
My bad, I forgot there was a space there. I somehow worked out that the entire shrine was full.
(Also I'd restructure the skills slightly and shift him off to a third shrine along with the archer, thief, possibly samurai, etc.)
avatar
Zergling_man

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 25
Location : Wandering somewhere through cyberspace, probably

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  shadowvzs on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Zergling_man wrote:
shadowvzs wrote:why dont work? it was 10 unti at shrine and 1 empty slot in older version, no? (was space before ultimate class)
My bad, I forgot there was a space there. I somehow worked out that the entire shrine was full.
(Also I'd restructure the skills slightly and shift him off to a third shrine along with the archer, thief, possibly samurai, etc.)

anyway my suggestion is the new shrine like i wrote in another thread for ranged physical class only, since a bit funny when we talk about 3 class (caster/fighter/archer) but we got only 1 archer in game Razz

shadowvzs

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  darkcry0406 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am

shadowvzs wrote:anyway my suggestion is the new shrine like i wrote in another thread for ranged physical class only, since a bit funny when we talk about 3 class (caster/fighter/archer) but we got only 1 archer in game Razz

i agree cheers

darkcry0406

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Zergling_man on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:58 am

Since this thread already got necro'd, I may as well say: Dunno about 0.9.2, but I noticed in 0.9.3, that we have 10 jobs, one info, and one "select user" button per shrine. That's all 12 slots. So we can't add a new class without messing with stuff that's here, or making a third shrine. (Which I'm still in favour of.)
avatar
Zergling_man

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 25
Location : Wandering somewhere through cyberspace, probably

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  darkcry0406 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 am

there is still many character model to use for the 3rd shrine that involve archery like the flame gunner of the chaos orc. ther are still many jobs available in right???

i always want to see a flame gunner in the game someday cause its my fave model to use.

cheers go for the third shrine go for the archery jobs. cheers

darkcry0406

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  nhammen on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:55 pm

well the classes are based on FF7 if i'm not mistaken i don't really follow FF series and unless there is some kind of flame class in FF7 or whatever serie is based the map don't expect to see such a model as class maybe as enemy

nhammen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 26
Location : Murcia, Spain

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:11 pm

nhammen wrote:well the classes are based on FF7 if i'm not mistaken i don't really follow FF series and unless there is some kind of flame class in FF7 or whatever serie is based the map don't expect to see such a model as class maybe as enemy
(This more for the devs) But how closely related does it have to remain? In a lot of ways, it has broken away, at least as far as I can tell.
avatar
Zergling_man

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 25
Location : Wandering somewhere through cyberspace, probably

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Nazzov on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Still haven't had time to play the new version... *shame*

But at least in the last version, the classes are based off of Final Fantasy Tactics classes.

There have been more suggestions about more classes and a third shrine.

Not just for ranged classes, but more for those classes that fall between the full melee and full magic classes, like Paladin, Dark knight, Red Mage. (Yes, not all FFT classes.) And Mediator and Geomancer would probably also fall under that category.
avatar
Nazzov

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-03-26
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Nazzov wrote:Not just for ranged classes, but more for those classes that fall between the full melee and full magic classes, like Paladin, Dark knight, Red Mage. (Yes, not all FFT classes.) And Mediator and Geomancer would probably also fall under that category.
Red mage... Sounds like that's an alias for fire going everywhere. (I don't really know much...)
In any case, that's also an idea. Whatever happens, I'm definitely in favour of three shrines. Just makes things a little neater.
avatar
Zergling_man

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 25
Location : Wandering somewhere through cyberspace, probably

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Nazzov on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Zergling_man wrote:Red mage... Sounds like that's an alias for fire going everywhere. (I don't really know much...)
Nope, sorry. Smile
In FF there are different types of mages:
White mage: Healer (White magic are heals, cures and buffs)
Black mage: DPS (Black magic are all the damage spells)
Green mage: ok, ok, Time mage, but there is actually one FF where it was called Green magic. Smile So more debuff, gravity and time magic, also called grey magic (not white or black).
Red mage: knows both black and white magic, but isn't as good at either as the white and black mage are, but also knows grey/green magic and is much better at melee than the other mages.
(Sage: this is the Red mage without any melee skills, so only good at all types of magic)
Blue mage: Enemy skills are known as Blue magic, so the blue mage is a mage that can learn the attacks the enemies used (on him) and then cast them himself.

There you go, basic FF mages. Wink
avatar
Nazzov

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-03-26
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  darkcry0406 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:30 am

how about for the 3rd shrine

Archer
Cannoneer
Gunner
Machinist
Ranger
Sky Pirate
Machina Maw
Corsair
Commando
Agent
Gadgeteer

and there are more of jobs that haven't use yet so why not go for the range/melee/magic shrine cheers

her the list if you want to check the other jobs finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Jobs

the more jobs the more you can choose

hope it helps for much better FFERPG

darkcry0406

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  darkcry0406 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 am

nhammen wrote:well the classes are based on FF7 if i'm not mistaken i don't really follow FF series and unless there is some kind of flame class in FF7 or whatever serie is based the map don't expect to see such a model as class maybe as enemy

Sleep Sleep Sleep lol! under stand first dude. i mean the model only not the class it could be use as one of the range type jobs like one of the jobs that i post before this one. u can still change the projectile it release i just want the character model

darkcry0406

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-11-26

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  nhammen on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:14 pm

darkcry0406 wrote: Sleep Sleep Sleep lol! under stand first dude. i mean the model only not the class it could be use as one of the range type jobs like one of the jobs that i post before this one. u can still change the projectile it release i just want the character model

I got you man but changing the projectile make the model sux and for those classes you post we already have too many range heroes they need to be balanced first and then make more if its needed

nhammen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-11-22
Age : 26
Location : Murcia, Spain

Back to top Go down

Re: simple question about heroes?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum