Few ideea to next version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few ideea to next version

Post  shadowvzs on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:08 pm

(i will update this thread later)

- extended inventory (check this link wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=91163 )

- kalm/lotherin region make safe zone for pvp (if unit entering to region then give to him 100% miss chance and spell immunity, when leave the place then remove this skills from leaver heroes)

-voteable pvp madness, everybody vs everybody

-easier travel from begining: once u can do a item in shop what open all teleport point? or transporter what can swin but after u unload urself its disapear (so usefull for only 1 way) or just have gold cost in every minute when u use it OR who got character above lv50 can open 1 teleportation point for free 1x/game

- each attribute 1 shrine:
- for str heroes (tanks[high hp or moderate hp but high armor but weak vs magic], fighter moderate hp and armor/magic ressist[kinda half tank, half dps or dph])
- agility heroes(so could change few agi hero skill) (ranged[critical, attack speed, dmg], assassin[critical, attack speed,dmg boosts and player controll abilities])
main ideea with archer/assassin- they will both weakest in hp/armor view but strongest dps(damage per second characters), assassin with a bit more chance for crit and a little more base dmg
- int heroes (high damage dealer with high dph and support)

druids-similiar than fighter
in damage per second view: agility heroes>fighter>caster>tank
damage per hit view: caster>tank>fighter>agility heroes
hp/def view: tank>fighter>caster>agility
aoe view: caster>fighter>tank>agility

-new shrine for agility heroes
(ranged like sharpshooter(remade)/lancer/archer AND assassin heroes and need few new hero and ultimate archer hero could be Priestess.

Recommanded skills (R=recommanded to ranged, A=recommanded for assassin):
-increased movement speed passive or active skill (passive R,active for A)
-magical dmg reduction (R/A)
-critical strike (R/A)
-dodge/evasion (R/A)
-ulti shot:longer channeling skill what reduce the target maximum hp with 30% (or 35) max hp
(if target boss at 80% hp then to 70% if boss got 90% same to 70% if boss got lower or 70% hp then dont have effect) and this hero with lower hp ofc (R)
-ulti 2: kinda similiar than Priesstess ulti just with different effect (if possible alot arrow fall down from air) and deal same dmg than your agility/5 with 10sec-20sec duration (R)
-ulti 3: huge arrow who going over the map and hurt everything in his way (dmg agility*archer lv)
-range increase with lv maybe? (lets say each lv +2 range) (R)
- ulti: posion dmg what decrease the target hp with 1%, duration is 50 second and 120/+ second cooldown (so overall 50sec=-50% max hp to target) (A)
-that ranged/assassin type who can summon animals could be hunter like in WoW (A/R)
-buff with stun/slow chance with normal hit (A)
-buff with critical chance increase (A/R)
-spell immunity buff for a shorter time (A)
-dodge buff for shorter time (A/R)
-web (A/R)
-tornado (R)
-decrease target movement speed or attack speed (A)
-current mirror image/invisibility with dmg addon if u attack, critical, evasion abilities is ok (A/R)
-ulti: decrease the target armor to 0 (or decrease by 300) for 10 sec (A/R)
-buff steal (A/R)
-5% chance for remove all positive buff/or steal it from target (A/R)
-5% chance for restore 4% max hp (A)
-+75% movement speed+700 armor+decrease magical dmg with 90% in last 7sec with 2min cooldown (A)
-Aoe -50% accurancy debuff (everybody around caster have 1/2 chance for miss on caster) (A)
-+150% dmg + 150% attack speed and ignore target armor for 5/7 second but after its over caster take +50% more dmg with 75sec cooldown (A/R)
-Reduce mana to 0 in last 10 second 60 sec cooldown (A/R)
-Passive: each hit decrease the target mana point with 0,3-0,5% max mp. (A)
-Swap the target mp/hp pool for 10 second if target old mp is higher than 30% max mp else stun the target (A)
-ulti: Decrease every stat to 0 for 10second (A)
-100% critical+150% attack speed and reduce the target speed with 75%, duration 5/7 second and when its over decrease caster armor to 25% and movement speed to 25%. (A/R)
-10 second paralyze the target (Target cant move but can attack or cast) (R)
-Decrease target movement speed with passive (like prophet passive) (A/R)
-decrease the target attack speed and give a chance to him for miss on u (A)
-5% chance for stun the target (A/R)
-blink to target and stun him for 1 sec (A!)

stat:
-lowest base hp and armor in game

- new skill for archer: exist something like this, multishot ability with barrage missile effect like in thehelper (mainly i think here to cool effect)

- NEW class :
Mage:
- blink (could be random)
- slow/stun skills
- lightning aura (if enemy go to 300 range close then he get chain lightning or forked lightning if skill activated)
- stun reflect aura (a buff if its activated then attacker will be stuned if he hit u, ofc this with cooldown so lets say duration is 60 second and every 3sec can stun the attacker for 1 sec)
- armor buff lets say +200 armor for 7 second with 60sec cooldown
etc

Druid
[fighter or support caster-more ressitable vs dmg but less dps than fighter or agility class]
-Healing ward/Mana restoration ward
-attack speed/evasion/armor/magical shield/increased dmg ward (one of them Razz)
-spell immune
-move steal
-10-20% mana steal from enemy what convert to hp and give to druid
-transform to crown/owl => 0 attack but higher movement speed and 75% chance for miss on you and 75% magical damage reduction but 0 hp/mp regen and cant use the skills what have in normal form and max in last 20sec with 150 sec cooldown
-transform to bear +35-50%hp, 1/2attack speed but 2x dmg and armor is unarmored (so weakest) also cant use human skills in bear form.
skills in bear form: chanceaoe stun skill, aoe armor reduce,restore 0,2% hp to druid with each hit on enemy, chance for reduce the enemy movement speed or paralyze him for a very short time
-all hit is critical strike in last 10second, 60sec cooldown
-remove the positive buff from enemy
-convert the trees to walking trees
-tornado what lift up the enemy for 5second
-ulti: aoe 1000% hp/mp regeneration and +33% attack speed but if caster move then interrupt the aoe, its cost 5% max mp/5second (so its mean when work this buffs to allies got 5sec duration but give them afater 5second again till skill interrupted or aborted Razz)
-interuptable with: stun,stop,killing the unit, unit owner interupt it, caster dont have more mana etc
-ulti: aoe healing 500 hp/5sec and +50 armor and 35% magical damage reduction, 5% max mp and same routine like in previous

Tank ability:
-the skill target in next 20 sec hit the caster only with normal attack (force target for attack the skill caster)
-spamable aoe agro (around caster every enemy attack the caster)

The skin/models suggestion for new heroes:
Orc Nomad-Archer
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orc-nomad-193878/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D4
Orc assassin
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/fel-orc-black-hand-189850/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D5
blood elf assassin
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/fradz-182977/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D7
Goblin Juggernaut by Sunchips
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/goblin-juggernaut-sunchips-179465/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D8
VampireRogue
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/vampirerogue-164621/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D10
HeroDemonHunter-human dual blade
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/herodemonhunter-158833/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D10
HumanCrossbowWithAwesomeHat
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/humancrossbowwithawesomehat-158846/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D13
Hero Bloodelf Sword Master
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/hero-bloodelf-sword-master-140755/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D14
Blood Elven Arcane Huntress -assassin
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/blood-elven-arcane-huntress-142389/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D14
Medic-dual sword human paladin
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/medic-113906/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D18
OrcAssassine
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orcassassine-121362/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D17
human Assasin
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/assasin-103801/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D20
Night Elf Female-BladeMaster
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/night-elf-female-blademaster-48825/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D25
Human Assassine
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/human-assassine-48361/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D26
Pandaren Battlemaster
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/pandaren-battlemaster-50676/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D27
Bloodelf Ranger
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/bloodelf-ranger-50654/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D27
blood elf rogue demon hunter slayer
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/bloodelf-rogue-aka-shadowblade-50643/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D27
NEBlademaster-2handed long sword
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/neblademaster-48136/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D28
UnDead rogue
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/udrogue-47998/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D29
undead woman rogue
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/demoness-47988/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D29
night elf archer
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/archer-47981/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D30
GnomeRogue
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gnomerogue-47974/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D30
night elf wizard
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/jaina-47973/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D30
female druid
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nightelf-druidess-47951/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D30
Gnomish Rogue
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gnomish-rogue-47798/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D31
night elf DemonHunter
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/dedemonhunter-47713/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D32
goblin samurai
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/heroblademaster-47439/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D33
dwarf warrior
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/dwarfwarrior-49641/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D34
heavy armored human with wing & sword
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/arthaswithsword-47371/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D34
MaleElfRanger
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/maleelfranger-49387/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D35
Ninja - headhunter
hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/headhunter-49194/?prev=t%3D2%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D35

Last edited by shadowvzs on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 20 times in total

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Re: Few ideea to next version

Post  Zergling_man on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:05 pm

I think travel in general is getting an overhaul for 0.9.3, so this might be irrelevant.

Hmm... I don't agree with this idea, due partly to things like the Time Mage's teleportation. But primarily because having an insane price-tag on anything is something I'm generally adverse to.

I'd think instead, certain quests in certain areas would result in teleporters opening in other areas. So just by doing what you already do, helping the town, you slowly access other parts of the world. So it still takes time, just less if you're using a less mobile job.
Though perhaps add optional paying gold in to speed up the process... I think that strikes a nice balance, but I don't trust myself to present a fair assessment of this one. Anyone else?
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowvzs on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Zergling_man wrote:I think travel in general is getting an overhaul for 0.9.3, so this might be irrelevant.

Hmm... I don't agree with this idea, due partly to things like the Time Mage's teleportation. But primarily because having an insane price-tag on anything is something I'm generally adverse to.

I'd think instead, certain quests in certain areas would result in teleporters opening in other areas. So just by doing what you already do, helping the town, you slowly access other parts of the world. So it still takes time, just less if you're using a less mobile job.
Though perhaps add optional paying gold in to speed up the process... I think that strikes a nice balance, but I don't trust myself to present a fair assessment of this one. Anyone else?

then maybe rentable turtle in town with high gold price Razz

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Flameseeker on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Do it like me, the 1st few mins of the game i just run with squire and unlock all the mainland's portals.
Get turtle and go lothlorien, naga and central. This shouldn't take more than 5min even if you're slow.
Use turtle to teleport back to town and you're done.

Flameseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 am

shadowvzs wrote:then maybe rentable turtle in town with high gold price Razz
YES. Not too high, perhaps have something of it costs more the longer before you return it. (Because, as you said, rentable.)
But damn, turtle even earlier? Definitely. Though... Maybe make it a cart or something, then you can go to the docks for boats. Because, well, the turtle is pretty overpowered.

Flameseeker: I do tend to take more than 5 minutes getting everything open, even in a 3 player game sometimes, but that's usually because we focus on doing quests first. Though, sometimes in a 3-man setup, I'll go Time Mage and open all the portals (except Summoner for the Snowy Mountains), then get down to other work.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowvzs on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Do it like me, the 1st few mins of the game i just run with squire and unlock all the mainland's portals.
Get turtle and go lothlorien, naga and central. This shouldn't take more than 5min even if you're slow.
Use turtle to teleport back to town and you're done.

i play alone or with my wife and its allways take more than 5 minute to unlock all teleporter Razz

YES. Not too high, perhaps have something of it costs more the longer before you return it. (Because, as you said, rentable.)

have easier solotion...
The transporter can swin too but once u unload ur hero then transporter unit disapear or run away (aka final fantasy 8 when u go down from chocobo then he run away Razz)

updated 1st post

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm

shadowvzs wrote:
-new shrine ranged physical hero (maybe assassins too so all agility based):
ranged like sharpshooter(remade)/lancer/archer and lets make +1-2 new hero and ultimate archer hero could be the night elf hero, with increased movement speed passive/magical dmg reduction, critical strike, dodge/evasion, longer channeling skill what reduce the target maximum hp with 30% max hp(if target boss at 80% hp then to 70% if boss got 90% same to 70% if boss got lower or 70% hp then dont have effect) and this hero with lower hp ofc

Edit: 35% or 33% is better Razz
The shrine idea I like. The ultimate archer hero, I'll withhold comment until you flesh it out a bit better.
Anyway, how many would you be looking at for each of the three shrines? (And would any of them require finding?)

shadowvzs wrote:
- ranger class normal hit rework: i mean to closer then x distance reduced dmg to target but in longer range bonus dmg on autoattack
I'd think instead do reduced accuracy at longer ranges, and have this across all things. >_>
For the damage thing though, I'd not go with autoattack, I'd go with a toggle (like Frost Arrows or whatever) that adds damage that increases with range. And costs a bit of mana per shot, etc.

shadowvzs wrote:
- new skill for archer: exist something like this, multishot ability with barrage missile effect like in thehelper
Don't we already have this?

shadowvzs wrote:
have easier solotion...
The transporter can swin too but once u unload ur hero then transporter unit disapear or run away (aka final fantasy 8 when u go down from chocobo then he run away Razz)
That would work as well.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowvzs on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Don't we already have this?

yes something like that but ugly effect (or just only for me sometimes invisble if i press the skill and i just see enemies got dmg but dont visible where they got)

I'd think instead do reduced accuracy at longer ranges, and have this across all things. >_>
For the damage thing though, I'd not go with autoattack, I'd go with a toggle (like Frost Arrows or whatever) that adds damage that increases with range. And costs a bit of mana per shot, etc.

forst arrow give a static dmg what dont increasing with lv/stat etc Razz
few other games use close range=1/2dmg to archer things and this still easier i think than accurancy, about accurancy with that need higher range than atm else archer with half range than current kinda nooby (since if after 1/2 current range she can miss she arent that shiny)

(about frost arrow that also auto attack just with addon but acctually autoattack even u got buff )

with trigger the bonus dmg could be stat/lv depend Razz but also u can make a stun chance if target is very far lets say if target is at max range than 10% chance for stun 3sec Smile

updated 1st post with new ideeas

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:50 am

Oh, right. I was going to reply to this. Broke the post by accident before I wrote anything though, then forgot and went and did other stuff. I'll probably come back here in a few hours and say something more useful.

WHOAHWHOAHWHOAH! More stuff added!

First things first: Dat. Inventory. System. The guy who made it deserves all the praise he's got for it, and a lot more. Probably not necessary for FFERPG, but brilliant for any more expansive RPG. (And I might consider a highly cut-down version of it for another game idea I'm working on.)

Free-for-all is already possible, with the current system it's easy enough. I see no particular reason to add such a command.
Also, I don't know about other groups (does anyone even play FFERPG with other people? Or do we all just solo) but when I was actually running trios, we all worked together to try and hit Eden ASAP and see if we could take him down. We didn't PvP at all.

I agree with the 3 shrines thing, though your system of 4 or 5 roles is a bit more iffy. FFERPG already runs on a 3-role system, being fighter/archer/mage (as mentioned in the help file), I'm thinking stick to this and try and emphasise it. I don't know if this is what the authors/devs want, but I reckon it could make a nice game mechanic to build around.

Now, I'm not going to touch the ranger/assassin abilities, I'll leave that until we start to see some distinct classes with themes coming together. Similar for the models - big list dump that I'm not going to trawl through anytime soon unless some sorting is applied. Related: I wonder if we could get an ideas viewer or something, a better way of bringing all of this thread (and the others) together, in a neater, easier-to-read format for larger posts.

As for the druid: I won't run through all the skills, but I will say the move steal is cool.
Anyway, about the most important part: You've given him two other forms, that's about normal. But the thing I'm thinking, couldn't he have 50+? Game-play-wise, I guess it doesn't make sense to allow him that, but I reckon there's room to make every ability of his be a transform. (Or perhaps in some cases a possession - he mostly retains his own shape, stats and abilities, but becomes augmented with more power.)
So, a spider, a bear, a crow, perhaps a snake, a mouse, a tiger, an owl. Just a few ideas.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Kain_Xinth on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Zergling_man wrote:As for the druid: I won't run through all the skills, but I will say the move steal is cool.
Anyway, about the most important part: You've given him two other forms, that's about normal. But the thing I'm thinking, couldn't he have 50+? Game-play-wise, I guess it doesn't make sense to allow him that, but I reckon there's room to make every ability of his be a transform. (Or perhaps in some cases a possession - he mostly retains his own shape, stats and abilities, but becomes augmented with more power.)
So, a spider, a bear, a crow, perhaps a snake, a mouse, a tiger, an owl. Just a few ideas.

Sounds interesting, definitely not a bad idea to toy with at the very least. Spider/Snake could have a decent poison ability, and a slight dodge chance? Mouse/Crow would be almost impossible to hit (very fast too, but rather weak.) Owl could be like an assassin style transformation (ever seen them hunt? It's actually pretty cool, especially in winter.) I would think Tiger would be more like a tank/dps transformation for him though, maybe an innate stun skill due to powerful strikes. But what would be a good final skill for the Druid? Maybe something to add a little power across all transformations? Like a minor boost to HP, MP, move speed or attack speed? Or an ultimate form? A natural (and rather cliche) choice for the ultimate form would be a Dragon, but perhaps a Giant form would be just as good? Something like an AoE auto-attack ability that has the potential to stun, thick skin to reduce incoming damage, perhaps the ability to yank up a tree and use it as a make-shift weapon? I don't know, just some thoughts I had rolling around upstairs.

Kain_Xinth

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:57 am

I'm liking that so far, especially the giant ripping up a tree for a make-shift weapon. We already have the needed pieces in default WCIII to make it too. Very Happy
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowvzs on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:59 pm

ok acctually atm i need somebody who can translate to normal english the current ability descriptions too Very Happy

if somebody have time then write to shadowvzs@hotmail.com Razz

shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 am

Some thoughts from me... First of all, smaller changes, more updates.... It rekindles more interest, even if it still takes you the same time to accomplish things, just putting out what you DO have every like, idk, 2/3 months is just nicer. Also, it gets more people interested, which means more feedback, ect...

I will skip asking for more classes, because there are 20 already, a solid enough amount for now. I think that classes need more scalability towards late game. As we speak, I am leveling a wizard, and it's PAINFULLY slow. My ultimate, flare, does just about no damage, my autoattack is better, frankly. Assassin/Ninja needs work :/ as its also weak at higher levels, but still better then mage classes.

On a random note, I can program vJass, assuming that you use that, and would 100% be willing to discuss/plan out abilities, since I do think that most classes need some scaling and number overhaul.

EDIT: Just noticed that the next version list says that it should rebalance things, which is nice, but my offer stands, just in case it's needed. Can we have a topic for each class, so that people can discuss specifically those?

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am

Frankly, I don't think there's enough to discuss about each particular class for them all to have their own threads, yet. I suppose you're welcome to fire them all up if you can find that much content.

As for the scaling of abilities into late-game, a quick and easy solution is more abilities scaling off hero level, or scaling off the number of masters/ultimate masters.
Though there was a good idea Kain mentioned, I don't know if we ever got around to posting it. Have it that abilities, when maxed (or when you hit level 50 or 99), will actually change into another ability that has another set of levels. For simplicity, it could just be suped-up versions of what they are previously. This (obviously to devs) means completely ripping out the hero abilities and replacing it in entirety with a spellbook with a fair bit of triggering going on. And spellbooks are a whole different kettle of fish for FFERPG.

Smaller, more frequent updates... Frankly, I don't really mind either way here. Though it is true that Kain and I are considering marking this map as dead.

Oh, and doesn't the ninja have crit? Ultimate-master him and he becomes rape-face... Not like he isn't already leaning that way from level 50 onwards.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 am

No, don't scrap this! This is MY favorite ORPG, it would be such a shame to kill it off.

Yeah, they really don't have enough yet, although they will if you implement those ideas. It's mainly to keep talk from being derailed.

Yes, ninja has crit. I was referring to his nuke abilities, which hardly scale...

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:57 am

Two people can't kill a map. But whilst the situation for FFERPG remains as it is, there isn't really much for us to do. Ingame, we have one goal: Beat Eden, so that we can find the note. But even once we do that, we're back here trying to solve the mystery. And once the Odin quest becomes common knowledge, then we'll be awaiting an update. So about beating Eden.. We've basically given up on the idea that we could get a full game, regardless of whether we're all levelcapped. With anything less than 4-5 players, we've got almost no chance, except by getting lucky with the bug.

(Which ideas?)
Frankly, with the ~8 stats and 6 abilities, there is only so much you can talk about on a hero. Now, if we had a customised system granting complete skill-trees with 50+ abilities for each class, then there would be near-endless discussion on each character. We could generate about 2-3 pages worth of discussion on any given class, but that would occur over a few months, and would die out there. May as well have one thread to encompass hero classes in entirety. Though, one thread per shrine... That would also be a decent division.

A guy in the warrior tree, and you're worried about his magic-damage skills not being good... Just sayin'.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm

I see. Well, I'll look into that more myself, I have time.

Actually, it's more that he HAS such a skill that doesn't scale, like at all.... And it should be noted that skill is stronger then a max level wizards spells :/.

Maybe I'm biased with 6 Ultimate Masters, but auto-attack>all damage skills, except for exactly 3, Holy Swordsman, Prophet, and Sorcerer.

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

And the Prophet is largely that way due to a bug... And no, you're not really biased for having 6 ultimate masters. It's a fact that people are going to get ultimate masters, and at the point of having 3 or more, as you say, all but a select few abilities become completely useless. This is why the devs work on scaling. I just hope they're hearing our ideas on values we can grab to scale off.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  dzk87 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Yes, that just about covers my point lol. They added the things with masters/ultimate masters for a reason, so... yeah.

dzk87

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 am

That brings to mind one little idea... Swap intelligence for spell-power. For the ultimate master bonuses, anyway. Or have spell damage based on your autoattack damage. Each one would be more work than they're worth, probably. But it's an idea.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top