Infinite Heroes Bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite Heroes Bug

Post  Karifean on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

There is a bug in this game that allows you to have infinite heroes in a game. This bug is very abusable and for the sake of legitimate savegames, do not post how to do the bug as there are enough abusers as it is. Also, don't create new topics about it, post here instead.
Thank you.
Karifean

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite Heroes Bug

Post  Zergling_man on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 am

Apologies if I went too far with what I said. I forget that not everyone takes the same approach of "it's an exploit/bug, so don't save with it". Still, the bug's fun to screw with, especially if you turned on PvP... I want to do that now.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  RedXBaka on Sun May 06, 2012 9:52 am

So my friend and I accidentally performed this bug while we were playing, but did not bother to save with it because when you did the -levels command, it did not display any of the levels of the heroes we got from the bug.

What happens if you save with this bug?

RedXBaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sun May 06, 2012 10:12 am

I think it acts correctly. I hadn't tried -levels in that before.

Erm, correctly is that your main hero is saved. No-one else has any effect on your code.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  RedXBaka on Sun May 06, 2012 10:40 am

So the only use of this bug is to replace real players and falsely solo endgame bosses such as Ultima, Omega, Eden, etc.?
When I read Karifean's post and words "legitimate savegames", I thought he meant that the bug gave you a ridiculously higher level cap. xD

RedXBaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sun May 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Razz Yeah. Basically, because you can get some 30+ dudes, you sit in a high-end area power-levelling them all, then go cheese every boss. Hence why we don't use it.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sun May 06, 2012 1:24 pm

The bug occurs because the new unit (you buy the hero) isn't despawned since the trigger isn't activated. What's left is an entirely new hero that has no connection to the save/load system. But you can use them to level up your original hero. Which is why it's so badly abusable.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 am

Is there a way to turn off the key point in triggering this? I had this happen in a 9.3 map earlier when my hero was taken but my class wasn't swapped. *in the maps defense we were pvp and I was trying to power level Seal material because we hadn't leveled that one all game...* and when it took my hero one time a new one never came out. I'm sure you know what happened next when I was trying to get my hero to pop out... although my spirit of Gaya was still tethered to where my main hero had disappeared lol. Anyway if that part is disabled as you don't have a reason to loan someone your units wouldn't this bug never happen again?

*Also in my case I had like 12 ninjas which was pretty sweet they even all had ranged attacks at lvl 1 because my ninja is leveled capped and had the Shadow Mastery Spell*

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 pm

This bug is still in the map? I remember the fix being fairly easy, guess I never put it in :/ Hopefully job changing will change till the next version, else I hope I don't forget to fix it again.

Edit: btw your version of the bug sounds a bit different, I don't remember the main hero disappearing.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:50 pm

I think it's two bugs at once here. The first bug is that he didn't respawn after PvP, the second one is when trying to fix this, he ran into this thread's bug.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Pretty much, I never died in pvp I just suspect I was pushed to try and spawn where it was impossible to spawn. That's a totally different bug and not really worth mentioning because unless you are trying to abuse power leveling the materia by cycling classes *Seal is a pain to level as was the last we needed for example...* then you never have a target actively trying to get closer to you to attack you which is the case with pvp, during the rapid swapping of classes one just had no area TO spawn and that was the result. The bug in this thread is what happened after trying to get a hero back lol. But yeah it's still here and I might as well just say this... Just disable toggling shared units, have the "Allies" group units be shared but lock the ability to toggle on and off. Since I played mostly solo I never knew what this bug was until now but... Yeah... still there

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top