Bugs N Exploits!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bugs N Exploits!

Post  Messiah on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:34 am

1) Chemist's poison bottle and Thief's poison do not stack, Thief poison will override the Chemist's poison no matter what.

2) Very game breaking bug. >_>
Using the Priest's Regen on somebody and then casting the Monk's Chakra on the same target will replace the Regen with a Chakra that lasts the full duration of Regen. Yep.... pretty much 200 HP/MP per second.

3) Ultima can be killed through the door without opening it. Very much the same with Kilrog and his walls.

4) If a player is activating a portal while somebody is in the destination selection window it'll freeze the player selecting a destination.
This however can be salvaged by initiating a cinematic. This is a problem however as if there is no more cinematic's left in the game you'll be forever stuck and saving is impossible.

This is not a bug that can really be fixed as it is a WC3 bug itself and plagues many games. My suggestion would be to make the portals into shops and allow the player to simply purchase powerups that teleport them to the selected destination.

Messiah

Back to top Go down

Re: Bugs N Exploits!

Post  Zergling_man on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:05 am

Messiah wrote:1) Chemist's poison bottle and Thief's poison do not stack, Thief poison will override the Chemist's poison no matter what.
Huh, I'd never noticed that. Dunno if it's even worth fixing though...

Messiah wrote:2) Very game breaking bug. >_>
Using the Priest's Regen on somebody and then casting the Monk's Chakra on the same target will replace the Regen with a Chakra that lasts the full duration of Regen. Yep.... pretty much 200 HP/MP per second.
o_0

Messiah wrote:3) Ultima can be killed through the door without opening it. Very much the same with Kilrog and his walls.
We call these strategies. Smile

Messiah wrote:4) If a player is activating a portal while somebody is in the destination selection window it'll freeze the player selecting a destination.
This however can be salvaged by initiating a cinematic. This is a problem however as if there is no more cinematic's left in the game you'll be forever stuck and saving is impossible.

This is not a bug that can really be fixed as it is a WC3 bug itself and plagues many games. My suggestion would be to make the portals into shops and allow the player to simply purchase powerups that teleport them to the selected destination.
The bug is already known, I don't know if there's been any ideas thrown about on how to fix it. Frankly I'd not do it quite that way, but I'd also not use a consuming window.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top