ideas ideas ideas?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ideas ideas ideas?

Post  prime_genx on Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 pm

oh well... random drop it is... I remember playing the whole game and completed 44 quest and believe me... No Elixir dropped from mobs or loots... perhaps I was just unlucky that day....
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

how about a quest for a chocobo ride? ahmm... catch a chocobo... i mean a chocobo that runs like hell and you have to catch it... if you did... that chocobo is damage proof and you can ride it without being hit and can pass through water like that of final fantas II? or maybe when your on or inside as wc3 prefers it inside... you can detect treasures or greens? like final fantasy IX?
and what happened to Cid's airship?
as Cid always been connected with an airship in almost all of the final fantasy series...
how about Cid offers a side quest and the prize is a free airship balloon for heroes to travel? that will be nice and add moogles too to bring us to final fantasy world a lot more.
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

Is the airship thread back here yet? If not, let's go dig it out of PoLlama. It brought out that transport overall is being shuffled around, so some of our ideas weren't really good at that point.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 am

make the news paper something interesting thing to read at by adding question/answer portion into it... like elena posts about her shimerweed...

let say... you type in an entry as... "mysterious glyph" and after a while, storm will post on the news paper about it, or "kilrog" and meliadoul gives good tips on killing it... something like that... that way... it will excite players to see answers to what they might be looking for luring them back and fro to read and read and read and read again!

in other words... we could dig up information on the paper and not just advertisements and mentioning things that we already know of especially on things that obviously had happen.

prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  SamuraiGunmanJr on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 pm

How about some new secret heroes with FF Characters Model? hehe... Cool
& new secret boss like Sephiroth ^_^

Last edited by SamuraiGunmanJr on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more ideas)

SamuraiGunmanJr

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 pm

custom models greatly increase the map's file size and loading times. they're not really worth it.

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Karifean wrote:custom models greatly increase the map's file size and loading times. they're not really worth it.
File size, sure. Loading times, really? Is there a way to load the assets after the game begins? Something like, once everyone's in, have a delay of a few seconds to load all necessary models, then start loading the rest in the background, prioritising ones that get used? (IE change to that hero, get close to that NPC in the map)
Also, perhaps having one custom player model and augmenting it somehow, if WCIII lets you do that (I think I heard about something that could), could be interesting - if they can still be easily identified, then that little touch could do a world of good.
Of course, none of this is necessary. But if you know this stuff/it seems interesting to do, then us players definitely wouldn't complain.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:02 pm

I dont have any complains regarding models... hence I have experienced the already long loading time... I say focus on the secret quests and secret bosses and add some puzzles to the list too
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:01 pm

I would suggest some cinematic events during the time where aomadaushu retells the tales of his people and how it came to pass... for those of instant texters not to mention those who understand the story less... also of the elves and how lady galadriel and lord elrond imprisoned the demon using the zodiac stone.
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Meh?

Post  Absorbus on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 pm

So i just soloed the omega weapon after long persistent fight. What actually made me dissapoint was that i didn't get _any_ item from him. just some poor crystals. Is it supposed to be like this? You spend a hell lot of time to kill the last boss in this game and profit is only a proof of omega buff. Expected to get some legendary items from him or atleast SOMETHING. No, blank drop. Wish to get this thing changed before someone else like me gets pissed off.

Absorbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 pm

If you're strong enough to beat the absolute strongest enemy in the game, why would you need anything that makes you even stronger?

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 am

Karifean wrote:If you're strong enough to beat the absolute strongest enemy in the game, why would you need anything that makes you even stronger?
For Eden.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 am

i believe omega is stronger than eden... so if you beat omega single handed... then i supposed you would do the same to eden minus the time... i think the purpose of eden having time limits is to pursue players to handle this with teamwork... and lots and lots of it
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:10 pm

prime_genx wrote:i believe omega is stronger than eden... so if you beat omega single handed... then i supposed you would do the same to eden minus the time... i think the purpose of eden having time limits is to pursue players to handle this with teamwork... and lots and lots of it
Omega is stronger than Eden. But this doesn't mean he's harder to kill. Eden is a difficult opponent because of this arbitrary restriction. (I know it's justified in lore, but it's still arbitrary in terms of combat.)
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

silent
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:50 am

So we have Omega in game who is supposed to give "Omega Proof" but it wont persist, I say after Omega death then Shinryu should appear on the south east corner of the map and be a follow up boss *Lore had it that Omega Weapon traveled through time and space and Shinryu followed him* I'd recommend changing Omega Proof into a item and then Shinryu could drop the other half allowing access to something powerful for going through the hassle. Just something I thought of since Omega Proof wont persist. No clue what the item would be created, Shinryu guarded Ragnarok alot but really having another sword when Ultima already drops one is kind of a letdown, Maybe an accessory called "Proof of Ascension" or something to that effect, maybe let the item icons to be like the Moonstone Keys *where you had to gather 3* and get Eden in on the action with a drop.

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 pm

So, you suggest that it be turned into an item that does nothing except serve as a trigger. Since you can trigger off buffs (I think), or just hidden variables, that's a better solution. Sure, it won't persist. But hey, in order to fight Shinryu, you'd need to have killed Omega that game, isn't that what you're saying? So, in order to do part 2, you must do part 1 in the same game.

As for what the end result is, I'd suggest rather than an item of the defined slots (helmet, weapon, etc.), have it as a "consumable". It could be a bit like Power Treads, it gives a debuff to one attribute, and a buff to another. The cycle could be damage -> mana regen -> movespeed (or put armour in there somewhere).
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:49 pm

Personally i've never killed Omega *I dont feel like waiting 5 hours of running to him and quickly throwing ultimas at him or something equally crazy, just to have something that wouldn't carry anyway* so I don't know if that buff ever persists through a death? If it does *or you can make the buff last through death* in the same game then that could also work instead of the phsyical item trigger but if it disappears on death then you would need to perfect a Shinryu kill. As for a consumable thing... Do you mean something you use but is NOT consumed like a materia? or something that you eat and vanishes? Maybe the items could be turned into something to redeem for tomes? then you can focus on buffing a character into infinity? With their deaths you would think that you would gain a perminent measure of power increase? Just something I thought i'd throw out to see in a update *even if its years from now I suppose Wink *

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  Karifean on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 am

the glitch with the proof of omega buff has been fixed, it should transfer thru save and load now, although some testing is still required. apart from that, nice suggestions we got here, keep em coming Cool

Karifean

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 pm

It's incredibly easy to make the buff last through death. Flick a bool somewhere that grants the buff, and it doesn't unset on death.

When I said consumable, I was referring to the category of item. Nothing more. Since, in FFERPG, you have helmets, weapons, shields, accessories, armours, and consumables. Anything that you could have two of in your inventory is a consumable. I don't know how the devs refer to these, but that's what I call them, because most items in this category are actually consumable.
So, I only meant that it would NOT be a helmet, weapon, accessory, shield or armour.

Oh. Huh. I guess that makes sense, that it saves and loads.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  psxlover on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:51 pm

A consumable is an item than can be used, and that when it gets used it gets consumed (it disappears from the inventory, when it only has one charge). In FF terms you are talking about a key item.
psxlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrenden on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm

psxlover wrote:A consumable is an item than can be used, and that when it gets used it gets consumed (it disappears from the inventory, when it only has one charge). In FF terms you are talking about a key item.
Then he must be talking more along the lines of Materia, it starts as a "Consumable" untill its max then its a on use item right?

Andrenden

Back to top Go down

Post  prime_genx on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 am

i would suggest a button for each player's house, a type that drops the items in just a click after the spirit of gaya had collect... and if posible... include the items in the house on save mode.
prime_genx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zergling_man on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:51 pm

psxlover wrote:A consumable is an item than can be used, and that when it gets used it gets consumed (it disappears from the inventory, when it only has one charge).
Yes. And I knew I wasn't using it correctly.
psxlover wrote:In FF terms you are talking about a key item.
That sounds highly likely.
Zergling_man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top